Denver Concert Review/Spoiler

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

metropolitan9
Occasional

Denver Concert Review/Spoiler

Post by metropolitan9 »

As I had expected it was the greatest concert ever. I went with my mom and her friend. I am deaf right now and it is 1 hour 10 minutes exactly as I write this sentence. Everyone there was great. I got the Couch Potato shirt as I said I would and will wear it the first day of school (August 25th). Anyway on to the review. Al did not sign autographs after the show :( but I still got to see him live. The sound was great or at least I thought it was. From what I remember the songs that were played are Couch Potato, Trash Day, Party at the Leper Colony, Angry White Boy Polka, Wanna B Ur Lovr, A Complicated Song, Ode to a Superhero, Ebay, Amish Paradise, Smells like Nirvana, Fat, Eat It, Jurassic Park, It's All About the Pentiums, One More Minute, Money for Nothing/The Beverly Hillbillies, the pizza delivery one and more. There was a medley that included Lasagna, Gump, Pretty Fly for a Rabbi, Jerry Springer and so many more I can't remember. (Dog Eat Dog and Your Horoscope for Today were also sang but i'm not sure if it was in the medley or by itself.) :blush: If someone else could help me here it would be great. Yoda and The Saga Begins were part of the encore. Every so often when trhe band was changing there would be parts of UHF such as Wheel of Fish and when the kid finds the marble in the oatmeal. Also parts of AL-TV interviews.

Also I heard somewhere that it was cash only at the concerts but the merchandise people had credit card machines.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

QUOTE (Dog Eat Dog and Your Horoscope for Today were also sang but i'm not sure if it was in the medley or by itself.)

They're by themselves. Full songs. :)

-CindyBob
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Glad to see I'm not the only one with that Al induced haze. :biggrin:
metropolitan9
Occasional

Post by metropolitan9 »

no your not the only one scotti plus it was my first concert :biggrin:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

That just goes to show that you need to see multiple concerts. See Al? We're not obsessed. Just trying to take in all the details.
Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Post by Caroleg »

Yep, it was the whole concert. I was pretty impressed with the crowds at all the concerts last weekend, but at the Denver concert you could really hear all the people reciting the lines during the UHF scenes. Pueblo was equally amazing. The crowd was huge and THEY LOVE AL!
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

I went with my dad and my uncle, Jim, and his girlfriend Julie. None of them had been to an Al concert along with me; they also didn't know Al that much too. Anyways during the videos they were laughing so hard. They loved Al too. They're favorite video was 60% chance of Rain.

All three of them said that they were surprised that Al could sing so well. They also said that that was the best concert that they had ever been too. I enjoyed just as much as them :D .

Well there is a lot more to tell you people, but I just can't think of anymore. I'll tell you when I think about it.

Oh yeah I loved how he started out twith AWBP instead of CP. Also my uncle and them loved how well the band played.

Did anyone notice during A Complicated Song that at the very end Al got a frog in his throat, but he managed to keep singing. I was realing feeling for the guy. But the crowd just cheered him on.

And....during wheel of fish my uncle loved how the crowd knew what the outcome was but they still were screaming at the screen saying "PICK THE FISH!!!" He said that that was the most energetic crowds he had ever seen.

One comment that he had to say was that the sound people at the very beginning of the show had the bands music turned up too high so you couldn' really hear Al singing, but later in the show they fixed the sound volume so that he could understand the lyrics. Other than that we thought that there wasn't any glitches.

All in all we had such a good time that now my uncle and his grilfriend along with my Dad are now Al fans. Yupie!!!!

Driew
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE Well there is a lot more to tell you people, but I just can't think of anymore.  I'll tell you when I think about it.

Another case of Al induced haze. The only cure is another concert.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.

Post by Driew_La_27 »

QUOTE QUOTE Well there is a lot more to tell you people, but I just can't think of anymore.  I'll tell you when I think about it.

Another case of Al induced haze. The only cure is another concert.

Amen to that Scotti. Now maybe I can convince my mom and dad to take me to the Puyallup, WA concert since that would be the closest one from Oregon. I'm sure that they won't mine me missing my second day of school :) .

Driew
In hiding since 2010
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.

Post by Driew_La_27 »

On a side note (please don't get mad at me). Scotti, I know you live in Oregon as I do too, and I know you went to a concertbut which one. I only went to the Denver concert because i was visting relatives at the time.

Also where do you live in Oregon. I live in Newberg, Oregon 23 miles southwest of Portland.

Driew

I'll also pm you if you don't want to clutter it up. :)
In hiding since 2010