New Required Profile Field

Important messages posted by admins or moderators.

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I added a new required profile field to the registration process. New users must fill in an answer in order to register.

What is 1+1 ?

Already registered users, you will have to answer this question one time only, the next time you update your profile. It's the first question on your profile under My Controls --> Edit Profile Info

Sorry for the minor inconvenience, but I'm hoping this will stop the spambots.

And, unlike first grade math class, it doesn't matter what your answer is. Only you and the admins can see the new field in your profile, and we won't be checking your answers! ;) We just need something to verify that there's a human, or at least a moderately intelligent hamster, at the keyboard. Your answer will be saved, so you'll only need to fill it in the first time you update your profile. If you don't ever change your profile, there's no action to take.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Elvis @ Mar 13 2007, 09:09 AM wrote: And, unlike first grade math class, it doesn't matter what your answer is.
That's not true. Like any good Al fan, my answer was "27" but it will only take one digit, so I had to be boring and answer "2". <_<
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

:boot:

By popular demand, I updated the field so that your answer can be up to 127 characters long, so you can answer with "27" or put something random like, "Did he just say 'funky buttloving'?" if that makes you feel better! :Y

Dave

Edit: Sorry, it's limited to one character again. The spambots are adding bogus text, and limiting it to one character might trip them up.
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!