Weird Al chat online

Important messages posted by admins or moderators.

Moderator: Moderators

WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Weird Al chat online

Post by WHiZZi »

Finally, after some days and nights programming and setting up, it's finally done.

A one and only "Weird Al Yankovic" Chat

We have two ways you can connect:

First, you log in onto this forum and just click on the Chat-link on the top of the screen (next to Logout) and you will be logged in with your own username.

Second, you can connect thru an IRC-client. If you want to know how, just mail me or private message me.

You probably want to know why, well. It's my own IRC server. (I need some operators btw ;) ) and I don't want hundreds of people on my server who will create their own channel or register weird nicknames.

Little FAQ before everybody is mass-mailing me:

Q: Can I connect thru a proxy

A: No, or your proxy would allow to connect directly to port 6667

Q: I get a weird screen that I have to accept a program that would be installed/started?

A: Correct. This is our program that allows you to connect to the IRC server. It's from JPilot (http://www.jpilot.com) and I registered it completly legal. It won't harm your system and it's completly safe. Actually, when you close your browser, it will be gone.

Q: I want to be a moderator :onfire:

A: You have to prove yourself on IRC. I will ask people if they like to be a moderator on IRC. Don't ask me!

Q: I don't see anything when I click on the link

A: You probably need to install JAVA VM (Windows version can be found under this link ) or you denied JPilot to install itself.

Q: Who's owner of the IRC server?

A: I am. I'm IRC Operator and have all possible rights on IRC.. Be affraid ;)

Q: I have a question

A: Ask me. I prefer Private Messaging on this forum.