When did you realize this could last?

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

When did you realize this could last?

Post by Big Spoon »

Whenever I'm watching a special about Al (like Behind The Music or Biography), we always hear Al say that at first it always seemed like, "Well, wow. Looks like we're getting to do another album," whenever you guys went back to record another one. But I can't remember ever hearing a comment about when Al realized that this could work as a life long career. When was the moment when you all realized that Al's career was around to stay?
And Peggy
bermuda
Be jealous.

Re: When did you realize this could last?

Post by bermuda »

Hard to say. Every now and then when someone else points out that we've been doing this forever, I realize that we've all been very privileged to do what we do, and have the longevity we have. So it's kind of an ongoing affirmation. But acknowledging a lengthy career also means giving gratitude to the fans who make it possible, and in the end, will determine how long it will last. Thank you!

Bermuda