Downtime between announcement and release

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Downtime between announcement and release

Post by CharlesNelson »

Hey Bermuda!

During these few weeks between the release date announcement and the release itself, we fans are generally tortured, and we frantically make up terrible fake tracklists to bide our time. But what do you, Al and the rest of the band do during this time period? Anything particular in terms of getting ready for promotion? Are you practicing as a band? Is it just a lot of behind the scenes stuff Al's manager is coordinating?

Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
bermuda
Be jealous.

Re: Downtime between announcement and release

Post by bermuda »

I enjoy watching everyone guess what they think is happening, and I will also enjoy the responses when everyone finds out how right or wrong they are about things (there are definitely some surprises as well as "I KNEW it!"s to be had!)

Otherwise, just hanging around. Gonna make a salad for lunch today, might do a load of wash later on. Also designing the new bass drum head in case we need to appear anywhere as a band to promote the album. :)

Bermuda
CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Re: Downtime between announcement and release

Post by CharlesNelson »

Thanks for the reply again, Bermuda!
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!