Running with Scissors - 11 or 12?

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Running with Scissors - 11 or 12?

Post by JEDM »

Was "The Weird Al Show Theme" originally intended for inclusion on Running with Scissors or was it thrown on at the last minute?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: Running with Scissors - 11 or 12?

Post by anthontherun »

It definitely wasn't a last-minute inclusion; this was a September 1998 Ask Al question:
Tony Goldmark from San Francisco, CA asks: Of these four songs - "I'll Repair For You," "Theme From Spy Hard," "Ballad Of Kent Marlow," and "The Weird Al Show Theme Song"-which ones are you planning to include on your next album?

"I'll Repair For You" was never officially approved, and is destined to be a concert-only song. "Theme From Spy Hard" was already released on the "Gump" single, and also seems way too dated to include on the next album. "The Ballad Of Kent Marlow" was done specially for the "Safety Patrol" TV movie, and it would make very little sense out of context. However, I would say "The Weird Al Show Theme" is a definite contender, and has a decent chance of showing up on my next release.