Special Thanks To Bermuda

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

drummer29

Special Thanks To Bermuda

Post by drummer29 »

I just wanted to say, I think it's great how you connect with your fans. I don't think I can name any other professional musicians who spend time on messageboards answering their fan's questions. Plus, having a website by an actual member of the band is great too. That's really important and just wanted to say a special thanks for that.

Keep up the great work.
Cat_Barf
Occasional

Post by Cat_Barf »

Awwwwww... I think I can throw up now. Wait, I am the thrown up. No, just kidding. I think it is also great that fan questions can be answered personally by a band member. Thanks for being there for us fans.
Signed,

Cat Barf
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

I've said this numerous times before, but this seems like a good time to say it again. THANKYOU JON!!!!!

I'm sure a less-caring person would have left AMWA (like I have for a while...) because of the flame wars and junk that was going on. But you didn't. You stayed so that the TRUE fans could get answers, and honest, fact-based feedback from somone that was "on the inside"

Then, you agreed to answer questions here, away from all the hassles of the newsgroup.

Both here, and on AMWA, you bring a keen sense of humor that brightens my day. What's even better, is the way that you show respect to those fans that deserve it. If you can't answer, or don't feel right ansering, a particular question, you take the timeto say that.

I'm greatful for that. I hope if anything ever happens and I become rich and famous (yeah...right lol) that I remember the example that you have set in dealing with fans. The world needs more people like you, Jon. Thankyou

Harold
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Thanks for all the kind words, and you're welcome!

As for alt.music.weird-al, I have some very effective filtering in place and, as a result, see only a handful of posts. I know that traffic will pick up again with the new album/tour/project, and you'll see more participation there from me, and undoubtedly here as well!

Bermuda
Cartunedude
Occasional

Post by Cartunedude »

I see I'm a bit late in adding my bit, but I also want to say thank you, Bermuda, for taking time out to interact with us. We've very, VERY fortunate to be able to communicate with you like this. That doesn't happen in most fandoms. We all appreciate what you do! Thank you 27 times over, and keep up the good work!

C-type-Bob
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

Thanks for all the kind words, and you're welcome!

As for alt.music.weird-al, I have some very effective filtering in place and, as a result, see only a handful of posts. I know that traffic will pick up again with the new album/tour/project, and you'll see more participation there from me, and undoubtedly here as well!

Bermuda

Are you the creator of that group?
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

No, that had existed for a little while before I discovered it around 95. One of the Al-web pioneers like Jeff Morris or Dave Rossi or Marty Lick had a hand in starting that.

Bermuda
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

No, that had existed for a little while before I discovered it around 95. One of the Al-web pioneers like Jeff Morris or Dave Rossi or Marty Lick had a hand in starting that.

Bermuda

Wasn't me! I discovered it sometime in 1994, and it seemed pretty established then.

Dave