New album progress report

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

New album progress report

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

Generally speaking, Bermuda, has the recording process been successful and running smoothly concerning the six new originals you said you guys are currently working on? Are any of them near completion and will any be performed at the Orange County Fair shows? Are the songs funny?
catanddogdoctor
Die-hard Fan

Re: New album progress report

Post by catanddogdoctor »

[quote=<snip!> Are the songs funny?[/quote]

You didn't hear? Al is going to be playing classical music exclusively from now on......

:P

Maria
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Everything's coming along nicely, and I suppose the songs are funny, I'm probably not a good judge of that since I don't focus on lyrics. But I know that the fans will enjoy these originals, and I think they're some of Al's AND the band's best work.

This show will be different, but you'll have to wait for fans to report if they hear anything they don't recognize.
Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

I'm sure the new album will be hilarious. Every album is always better and even funnier than the previous album. You guys are like a fine wine, you only get better with age... :D
Chimpbizkit
Occasional

Post by Chimpbizkit »

heh, yeah

i have no doubt that it will be good, and i cant wait. if i could i'd go pre-order meh copy now....
DraculaInVegas

Post by DraculaInVegas »

I honestly hope on this album there are no more songs lke "One More Minute." Because I see them as candy coated words of pain. Plus now that Al is married and deeply in love with Suzanne, there should be only happy funny love songs. But consitering Al, I guess has only been writing candy coated pain, this must pose as a challange. Oh well if they are on the album I will sitll probably like it. I kow this is just something that is only of my concern, however now that I think about it, I have been an Al fan for a whole decade now. Since 1992, on the bus to a feild trip some where, I have liked Al. Ok to make a long story short, some boy was listing to the song "trigger happy" and was only singing "trigger happy" and it annoyed the crap out of me and I asked him what the deal was and he said to me that he was listing to Weird Al and he gave me a listen and I was hooked! So thanks who ever you were annoying boy! Oh one more thing this saturday is my boyfriend and I's three month anniversary!!!! :biggrin: 8)

Reagan O!!!
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Judging by the lyrics in the new originals, Al's style or attitude towards his music haven't changed. For over a year, I've been telling that to people who believed that Al might not tour again just because he got married! How silly.
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

Al does write some straightforward, happy love songs. Just listen to the words for "You Make Me" If that's not love, I don't know what is...

Harold
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Al does write some straightforward, happy love songs. Just listen to the words for "You Make Me" If that's not love, I don't know what is...

Of course, we're only discussing love songs in the traditional man/woman/relationship sense. Al has written many songs that are loving odes to inanimate objects.....ice cream, cable TV, velvet artwork.

If I may paraphrase a line from "Citizen Kane," it's love on his own terms.