Something Personal

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

DraculaInVegas

Something Personal

Post by DraculaInVegas »

Hey Bermuda!

I was just wondering how long have you and your wife have been married. And what does Al's wife Suzanne do for a living? I was just curious. Thank You.

:) Reagan O!!!!
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I've been married a little over 11 years.

I believe that Suzanne prefers to keep her personal life 'personal'. But you can try Ask Al if/when it returns, and see if Al thinks it should be answered.
SqUiRtY
Occasional

Post by SqUiRtY »

Bending this thread a little, i am NOW curious on what your dream occupation was as a child. I heard somewhere that Al's dream proffession was to be an architect, (spelt wrong i know) although half way through university he got "bored" of it, and started/continued to make parodies until somehow he was noticed and given a contract. INFACT, how did you guys get famous might be another good question...? Thanks...
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

My dream was to be a professional drummer.

"We" got famous initally through Dr. Demento, and of course the first few albums spread Al's name & music worldwide.

And while Al was noticed - by Dr. Demento that is - he wasn't "given" a contract. His manager shopped Al's music for about 6 months before anyone would even give a listen.
Chimpbizkit
Occasional

Post by Chimpbizkit »

As were on the subject of how you all started, how did you meet Al? Did you know him before the band started or did he recruit you afterwards?
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

My dream was to be a professional drummer.

I have the same dream :)

:sleepy:
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I know it appears in some of the web interviews I've done... here's a cut & paste from an upcoming one at tigerbill.com:

Q: How did you land the "Weird Al" gig?

A: The old adage "right place at the right time" certainly applies here. I happened to meet Al on the Dr. Demento Show when it was airing live in Los Angeles. He and his accordion were already a staple of the show, though far from a record deal then. That night Al debuted a new song, a parody of Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust" called "Another One Rides The Bus" live on the air. He asked if I'd keep the beat on his accordion case, which I did. I should point out that there was no band then, and no reason to suspect that there was a future of any kind with him, but afterwards I said something like "You need to have a band, and I'll be your drummer." I don't know what made me say that, but I'm glad I did!
Loony Lynn
Occasional

Post by Loony Lynn »

We fans are glad you became his drummer too :)
hamsterpal

Re: Something Personal

Post by hamsterpal »

And what does Al's wife Suzanne do for a living? I was just curious.

I recall somebody posted that info at alt.music.weird-al a while ago. In the days where messages related to Al were actually posted there, that is. :crazy:

Just search the Google archives for "Suzanne Krajewski" in alt.music.weird-al. The poster found this info on the net, so apparently it's fit for public consumption, and no invasion of anyone's privacy. :)

Hamster Pal