OC Fair video clips

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

weird_el
Off The Deep End

OC Fair video clips

Post by weird_el »

Bermuda

I've been thoroughly enjoying the OC Fair shows, and I was wondering about a couple of the video clips. There's one with a claymation Al singing "Have a tequila," and one of Al conducting what looks like a children's symphony. I asked Jay Levey when I saw him today, and unfortunately he couldn't remember where they came from, but he thought you would know. Where are these clips from? Thanks.

El
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I had also asked Al about the clay clip when I first saw it, and it was something about Mike. Not Spike & Mike, something else.. I forgot. That's definitely a question for Ask Al in the future.

The symphony clip is Al guest-conducting the Jr. Philharmonic Orchestra of California, in a "Battle of the Batons" with other celebs (Al won, BTW!) That was from 94 or 95, and although I am an active alumnus, I somehow missed that performance. However I did just play with them again in the last few months at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion and Shrine Auditorium here in L.A.

Bermuda
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

The symphony clip is Al guest-conducting the Jr. Philharmonic Orchestra of California, in a "Battle of the Batons" with other celebs (Al won, BTW!) That was from 94 or 95, and although I am an active alumnus, I somehow missed that performance. However I did just play with them again in the last few months at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion and Shrine Auditorium here in L.A.

Was this clip shown at ALCON '98 by chance? It sounds vaguely familiar.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I showed the entire segment, but yes, there's about a 15-sec clip in the current concert reel.