VH1 Answer

Questions & Answers with the one and only Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al's drummer since 1980!

Moderator: Moderators

hamsterpal

VH1 Answer

Post by hamsterpal »

Somebody was asking about why VH-1's schedule seemed pretty messed up today, and I think I can help answer this.

Your cable system receives one of two satellite feeds--one for the East and one for the West. So if you live in the East and your cable company gets the West feed, programming will be off by 1, 2, or 3 hours. Same if you live in the West and your local cable company gets the East feed.

Best thing to do is check an online source that gives cable listings for your specific cable company. You can find it at Yahoo's web site (just search their main page carefully for the "TV" link, then fill in the forms that come up on the next page). I think TV Guide has something similar on their web site, but I know for sure Yahoo does.

As a last resort, you can always call your local cable company the day before a show like this is scheduled to air, and they can give you this info. Then you can set your VCR with confidence. :)
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

The east/west thing might be an issue (always confusing with Nick for example) except that some of the shows were in their correct slots, and in the case of the BTM that ran before the official debut of Driven instead of after, that was a two-hour difference, not the required three hours between east/west coast listings. On DirecTV, it was the same issue as I watched the official debut at 6pm here in L.A. which was followed by Ozzy, even though VH1 listed BTM as the next program.

It shouldn't be a big deal for anyone, the Driven episodes ran at their correct times, and BTM has been running for over three years - how could anyone have missed it by now??!!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I didn't get to watch at all last night! Hubby just HAD to watch Discovery! Anyway, I watched Driven at 11 am yesteraday, and I liked it! It was a shame they didn't show the Video Collection last night, though. A few people I had told about it were disappointed. I have Al's BTM on tape, so it wasn't so bad that I missed it. And they will be showing Driven a few more times, so everyone should get a chance to see it. Thanks for posting the airtimes, Jon!

Patti
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

Yeah, I was happy about driven being on, but I missed the video collection!! That was the other special that I really wanted to see, because I have seen BTM many many many times before. I was very mad and depressed for a while, but I guess I am all better now.

About driven, I must say, I loved it!! But, man, I felt really bad for Al getting pushed around in the early years. I loved how you guys got revenge on the audience on your first gig! Man, you guys may have gotten stomped on in the beginning, but boy you sure know how to get back at them!!! he he!!

JAM
Cartunedude
Occasional

Post by Cartunedude »

I'll add my thanks to posting all the airtimes this week, too. I only caught the last half of it last night, and even then, I really only caught bits and peices. But, the parts I did catch were very cool! I'm hoping to tape it at noon or 7:00 tomorrow, as those are about the only times this week I CAN tape it! :shocked:

But, I look forward to seeing the whole episode. The portion I saw last night left me hungry for more!!!

Bob

:stupid:
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

It is a must see!!! And I think you'll really enjoy it!!
drummer29

Post by drummer29 »

I thought Driven was very well done. A lot of things I didn't know about. One of my favorite parts which I even told someone today, was when they interviewed Steve Jay, about how Al mapped out everything:

"He even scheduled times for me to go to the bathroom"
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I guess Steve's special, Al never mapped out a time for ME to use the bathroom!!

Obviously, he was being funny.

Actually, the flowchart they showed is from one of Al's home recordings, but he definitely used to have things scheduled out, and was usually able to stick to that plan. He still does that today, and during the most recent recordings, we were ahead of schedule by day two, so we began working on parts scheduled for day three.

Bermuda
Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

By the way, are any of those recordings near completion? Can we expect some news to be posted soon? Has Al mentioned any parody ideas to you guys yet?
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

Hey Bermuda,

How / where did Vh1 get all of those early concert videos for driven?

and is it possible for fans to get them? Yes, I know I ask a lot

of questions about stuff like this, but I just love seeing them!!