Australian Tour!

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

Weird_Al_Aussie

Post by Weird_Al_Aussie »

I went to the Sydney concert on the 12th, and it was the best, tho for some loud songs (Pentiums, Horoscope etc) I couldnt hear it properly, i guess thats wat i expect from a 60 yr. old theatre, neway after the show i waited around, with a Poodle Hat CD, he was about to come out, and I got told to leave cuz I didnt have some guest pass, for an autograph, Im just curious. did non pass-holders meet him at other aussie concerts?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Welcome aboard!

I think it varies from venue to venue. Al tries to do as many meet and greets as he can, but sometimes scheduling doesn't allow it. From what I understand, he did a lot of them while he was down under. But sometimes the security drones are pretty clueless, and shoo people away even when Al is willing to meet them.

Sorry you didn't get to get your autograph. But I'm glad you enjoyed the show.
Rataliereid

Post by Rataliereid »

I went to the concert in Melbourne and me and my sis had to leave pretty much straight away cos we had school the next morning and a 2 hour drive back home. A few days afterwards my sis heard that he sometimes comes out afterwards and I was wondering if he did in Melbourne?
Riverstar33
Occasional

Post by Riverstar33 »

I went to the concert in Melbourne and me and my sis had to leave pretty much straight away cos we had school the next morning and a 2 hour drive back home. A few days afterwards my sis heard that he sometimes comes out afterwards and I was wondering if he did in Melbourne?

Me too me too!!

PS (I am her sis!)
Feej

Post by Feej »

Weird_Al_Aussie @ Oct 22 2003, 07:28 AM wrote: neway after the show i waited around, with a Poodle Hat CD, he was about to come out, and I got told to leave cuz I didnt have some guest pass, for an autograph, Im just curious. did non pass-holders meet him at other aussie concerts?
As I posted in another thread, we went round to the back of the Enmore, and eventually got invited inside for a meet and greet after almost an hour.

It was worth it!
Feej

Post by Feej »

scottidog @ Oct 19 2003, 08:11 AM wrote: Don't make me and 27,000 angry American AL-gals come over there and rescue him. You may show him a few more lovely sites, but then you need to button up his overcoat and send him right back home.

Scottidog,
who misses sharing a time zone with the Great Weird One.
Don't know about Al, but speaking with Steve Jay before the Enmore show, and he was talking about wanting to move out here!

We could do with some more great bass players here, and after seeing Ak and Zuie at The Brass Monkey, I'd dig the chance to see them more.
alberta1
Obsessed

Post by alberta1 »

I loved al in the adelaide show. It went for two hours and he looked pretty damn happy at the end. I just wanted to go again and again. Everyone one was singing around me and it was awesome.
melvan

Post by melvan »

Adelaide show was great. We had 7th row seats & saw everything.

My husband especially liked that he changed Alabama to Tasmania in "A Complicated Song" :D
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Any pictures? :F Did you get to meet him after the show or anything? And BTW, :welcome: to WOWAY.

Random ABC Australia searching; looks like there was one radio interview we missed. Maybe someone who's actually got some buying credibility could buy a CD of it.
melvan

Post by melvan »

Any pictures? :F Did you get to meet him after the show or anything? And BTW,  :welcome: to WOWAY.

No, we didn't stay long enough to meet him, and neither of us thought to bring a camera. Or maybe we did, but they didn't allow it, and we didn't push it. Can't remember.