Now That I Own The Dvd

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

... what am I supposed to do with this thing?

OK, just kidding.
I'm a happiest man in the world now. Guess what, I owned The Ultimate Collection!!! :whoot: 24 Al videos in a row - that's the best a man can get, especially in the country where his stuff is UNAVAILABLE.
But there's a problem.
My first wish, of course, was to finally have all Al music videos and watch them all day long. But my second wish was to support Al somehow. The DVD I owned was from the Internet shop, but I paid it in rubles. Does that mean that I legally supported Al? Thanks a bunch! Loveya!

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

If you bought it through the internet on a legal site, then, yes, you legally supported Al. It doesn't matter what currency you used. Congrats on getting TUVC, Seva!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

Congrats, Seva!
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
squishsquashgirl
Obsessed

Post by squishsquashgirl »

oh, you know what? I just rooted up my copy of UVC, and was so ecstatic to find it works in England! So my friend Naomi and I had an Al-athon at my house in celebration. God bless Al for his multi-regional ways!
running with Dutch windmills
Off The Deep End

Post by running with Dutch windmills »

squishsquashgirl @ Jun 21 2005, 04:50 PM wrote: oh, you know what? I just rooted up my copy of UVC, and was so ecstatic to find it works in England! So my friend Naomi and I had an Al-athon at my house in celebration. God bless Al for his multi-regional ways!
As far as I know , all musicDVD are regionalfree.
Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first.
squishsquashgirl
Obsessed

cool! shows how uncultured I am! it's obvious now because they are universally released. oh. btw seva, have fun with that UVC!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

running with Dutch windmills @ Jun 21 2005, 11:56 AM wrote: As far as I know , all musicDVD are regionalfree.
Not all, but a lot of them are compared to movie/TV DVDs.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Seva,

Did you get the version with the Easter Eggs/extras?
This means something. This is important.
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

What do you mean? I have two extras on my DVD - that Tomorrow Show segment and Weird Al Show clips. Are there any Easter Eggs besides those? Please tell!
Thanks folks for clearing this all up! Yay, I supported Al!!! :lol:
And yeah, nothing cheered me up recently more than watching ALL Al's music videos! Now, my friends and relatives need some ALTHERAPY. Two days ago, I asked my younger brother to watch a video. He's like "naaaaaah, not Yankovic again"" but later agreed. He watched "Dare To Be Stupid" and absolutely LOVED it! He's very into that kind of humor, so he laughed through the entire video, and later said later that this supposed to be an anthem for all weirdos. Cannot disagree! :D
Thanks again folks!

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".
squishsquashgirl
Obsessed

lol! my sister loves DTBS, especially the bit with the guy in green plaster cast cutting a kiwi....... she runs around the house going "it's like spitting on a fish!" and doing stupid made up sign language......