Al Co-hosts Mtv Live (canada) TODAY!

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I just got notice Al will be co-hosting MTV Live (Canada). From what I understand, it's Canada's version of TRL. There's a slight possibility the Weird Al Star Fund will get a shout-out (or more!) on the show. I don't know any more details now, and when I know more details, I may not have time to share an update, so... just make sure to tune in and enjoy the show!

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Update: I will be "phoning in" at about 6:30 to do a plug of WeirdAlStar.com. :Y

Dave
MarsBar
Addicted

Post by MarsBar »

Boo-ya! Must... resist... urge... to... use.. Firey.. Jumping... Guy...

Oh, I can't.
:onfire: :onfire: YAAAAYYYY!!!!! :onfire: :onfire:

Anyways, i'm wondering what Wednesday you're talking about.
Vote MarsBar for:

Best Newbie

Most likely to celebrate Weasel Stomping Day
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Today!

Dave
MarsBar
Addicted

Post by MarsBar »

Ooh!

Gotta go set a tape!

Actually, MTV Live for me is 6:30. Do you know of any reason for that, or are you just phoning in at the beginning of the show?
Vote MarsBar for:

Best Newbie

Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

If you missed my "call"... that's because they ran long with one of the segments, so they had to bump me. Hey, it's live TV, it happens. But, you got to see Al, so that's the important thing! :)

I did get to listen to the show while I was on hold, so that was really cool. He did a pretty funny bit about the funeral of one of the animators on the Flintstones. At least it sounded funny over the phone, I'm sure it was even funnier if you got to see it. He also threw in a few cute one-liners (a little horse... :lol:) as they were going over the other unusual news stories. Then there was a bit where Al had to guess whether the girls were ovulating based on how they were dressed (Seriously! They got the idea based off a recent study) . He was 2 for 2, and as they were going to the third contestant, that's when I was informed they were running over and taken out of the queue and unable to listen anymore, so I don't know how the show ended from there.

But overall, it sounded like Al was in great spirits and having a lot of fun. I do hope at least some people were able to see it!

Dave
MarsBar
Addicted

Post by MarsBar »

Well, they picked the female host of the show as the 3rd contestant, and Al correctly guessed she was ovulating. :lol:

And yes, the Flinstones bit was cute. The best part was when they said the van carrying the casket drove past the same background 20 times.

Too bad I didn't get to see your call Dave.

Good thing I got that saved on tape. I'll see if i can upload to something like youTube (or at least Al's 15 minutes since the rest was mostly about K-OS, TV On the Radio, and New Found Glory).
Vote MarsBar for:

Best Newbie

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Elvis @ Oct 11 2006, 07:03 PM wrote: Then there was a bit where Al had to guess whether the girls were ovulating based on how they were dressed (Seriously! They got the idea based off a recent study) . He was 2 for 2, and as they were going to the third contestant, that's when I was informed they were running over

Well at least you were bumped for a good cause :P
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Themagic#27
Obsessed

Post by Themagic#27 »

:lol: Oh my lord, I would've been so embarressed. But it sounds like it was a cute interview.
Are we playin' horseshoes, honey? No, I don't think we are...

♥Al-Team #6x7=42♥
M3m3s3
Off The Deep End

Post by M3m3s3 »

Does anyone know if this can be found anywhere on the net? >:S
-Melissa

Mrs. Duggar, your vagina is not a clown car. Shut it down.