Al's Coming To New Zealand!

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

Australian_Boy
Occasional

Post by Australian_Boy »

On Al's myspace:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =184767006

By the way, we're not 100% certain, but the "Straight Outta Lynwood" tour may very well be starting in... New Zealand! We're hoping to play New Zealand and Australia in March, with a North American tour to follow in the summer. And I'd really, really like to work in a European tour next year as well... but we'll just have to wait and see how well the record does over there.

BEFORE the US? Wow!!
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

Eventhough I'm not in NZ, I sure hope he goes there, but like he said, it's not 100% certain
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
giant_frying_pan
Occasional

Post by giant_frying_pan »

EUROPE?! :?

giant_frying_pan
SwissAlFan
Occasional

Post by SwissAlFan »

Also from Al's myspace....

And I'd really, really like to work in a European tour next year as well... but we'll just have to wait and see how well the record does over there.

i hope, he will come, that would be so awesome.......... :Y
AL Team #3340
Jeannine Z.
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Hey Al, none of your records released here in Russia! Come to US!!! :ttr:

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".
sarahhh
Occasional

Post by sarahhh »

Right now im praying that the UK like al...... O-) COME ON, UK TOUR!!! sigh, it would be unbelievable :inlove:
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Well I guess the whole season-reversal thing kinda comes in handy for these kinds of things. Let's hope this happens.

And I wonder if my Bring Al Back to Oz campaign had anything to do with it. Did anyone here send a letter? Because I didn't... :lookaround:
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

I didn't either....maybe just the thought of the amount of letters they'd get scared them into planning a tour :ph34r:

The amount of things Al fans have achieved through letter writing and petitions, I wouldn't be surprised if they just thought "we may as well save everyone some time and postage money and just book him for a tour" :P
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

Post by The Lilac Pilgrim »

I kept threatening them with petitions :P Plus, Al's probably sick of receiving Ask Als somehow finding their way through to him saying "ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!" ..... :lookaround:

But I know lots of people that would buy his new album. I think I can safely say everyone in my school would buy the album, so that is over a thousand sales already :)
"We're going to the beach to ride a camel on the sun." ~ Irwin Sparkes (I did a search on my signature because I can't remember where it comes from, other than Irwin Sparkes. These forums are the third result. This is my legacy, friends.)
buff
Occasional

Post by buff »

I'd go to an Al concert again if it weren't one of those lame concerts where everybody's sitting in a chair.

So, I'm basically hoping he comes to Denmark and plays at a venue with no seats.