Al's Coming To New Zealand!

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

supafly
Occasional

Post by supafly »

Yah i looked at maynards website too!. I am considering just buying tickets to the TWIN TOWNS show, and if a brisbane one comes up ill get tickets to it too. lol. Twin Towns is confirmed, its on their website too.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

So far Melbourne only has one show, so the plan is to go to another state and catch a few other shows, sort of a mini tour chase. Whichever state gets the most shows, I'm there!
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
the8thark
Occasional

Post by the8thark »

Oh this is awesome news. WOW! If he actually ends up doing a show in Brisbane I'm so there.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

Has anyone heard anything about the NZ leg of the SOL tour yet?

ETA: I was searching around for some info and found this

Also, Weird Al Yankovic.h is playing St James on the 10th March

But that was posted on a website/forum for people advocating the legalisation of marijuana so....Also, there isn't any mention of the show on the venues website.

Oh, St James is in Wellington, but I'm sure all you Kiwi's knew that :ph34r:
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

KnottyEmily @ Dec 5 2006, 08:05 PM wrote: Has anyone heard anything about the NZ leg of the SOL tour yet?
So far there's been no information on dates or anything posted anywhere, but a recently posted interview with Al on the Rock Midgets web site made it seem as if it was definitely absolutely happening, so I guess that's something.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

Just last Sunday, they ran a whole series of Bay Area Backroads done in New Zealand. My hubby cracked up at the human-sized hamster ball you can roll down a hill which they call "zorbing"
Check it out here:

http://www.kron.com/Global/story.asp?S=3667280

Sounds just like the sort of thing Al and the guys would want to do. There's also a video showing the host "zorbing", but I'm not sure if it looks like extreme fun or extreme nausea. :blink:
AL! You ATE Harvey!? YOU ATE HARVEY/??!!
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

I've heard of zorbing before...it looks hilarious! Definitely something Al and the boys might try if they're crazy enough.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

When I was in NZ, I actually saw people zorbing just outside of Rotorua. Them Kiwis is nuts! I also saw people bungy jumping off a crane next to the Auckland Sky Tower. Just insane...
This means something. This is important.
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

Post by The Lilac Pilgrim »

NerdyNyara27 @ Nov 27 2006, 06:25 AM wrote: My friend and I reckon Al should come here... after all, as my dad pointed out, we have a Lynwood too. :D
We have a Linwood... :F
"We're going to the beach to ride a camel on the sun." ~ Irwin Sparkes (I did a search on my signature because I can't remember where it comes from, other than Irwin Sparkes. These forums are the third result. This is my legacy, friends.)
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End

Post by NerdyNyara27 »

The guy I'm going to the concert with said I should make a banner with "Greetings from Lynwood, Western Australia" on it... he lives in the suburb next to Lynwood or something... I vetoed it because neither of us actually lives in Lynwood...

- Laurel -
'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'