Hey fans! Come on gather!!!

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

She didn't at first. After a small brainwash she does

Well, if she doesn't really like him yet, at least she really likes you :inlove: to put up with the WAY deluge.
martmercer
Occasional

Post by martmercer »

Hope you don't mind if I crash your Euro-party...
sure! but only for a while... only us europeans can put up with ALL the euro-pop in the world (starts singing 'No limit' by 2unlimited) :biggrin:
I just had to ask Mart'n: Your copy of RWS and BHD are UK versions, do you know if they are different from ours? Does your RWS have the SHHHHH, SECRET FILE! on it? Are the covers the same?
well... scotti, No, it doesn't have the secret file like Al has said he has no control on overseas market so that the first thing...
what do you mean by 'are the covers the same?' the only difference is that the barcode starts with '50' which indicates that is the UK version but my BHD has the barcode beginning with '6 something or other' which means it was shipped from some other country,
geez! thank the lords you two speak good enough english otherwise we'd be having three languages on the go!

I can start talking Dutch if you like
erm...no thanks, english of mine is no good let dutch alone! (kidding!)

Quote:

Quote:
I really started to like Weird Al and just about that time, my girlfriend cheated on me (slept with another guy and could be pregnant of that guy).

Quote:
my mum had run off with another man ( i'm not making this up!)

My mum already did the year before my girlfriend..
Ok, Whizzi, let's not compete on who's had to put up with the worst of love. in fact let's all love one another and all that :inlove:
Sorry. :blush:
martmercer wrote:
Quote:
if you had a choice between moderating this wonderful forum and dating with such a... unpleasant girl, what would you prefer, huh?

yeah! at least everybody here won't do a thing like that (i think)

Even if you do, I don't mind
on second thoughts.... (kidding again...)
WHiZZi wrote:
She didn't at first. After a small brainwash she does

Well, if she doesn't really like him yet, at least she really likes you to put up with the WAY deluge.

I hope we all learnt something from this ( get ready for a 'Jerry's final thought' kind of moment)

we all face many problems in our miserable, pathetic lives but at least you can take a small bit of comfort in knowing that somewhere out there in this crazy ol' mixed-up universe of ours, there's still a little place

called Albuquerque!

(wow.. i used an Albuquerque reference)

anyway, i guess Al is like a love aid. it heals broken hearts and ANNOYS THE HECK OUT OF LOVED ONES!!!!

ha! ha!

ok, i'll keep schtum till i have something more better or wiser to say!
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Ok, Whizzi, let's not compete on who's had to put up with the worst of love. in fact let's all love one another and all that :inlove:
Sorry. :blush:

No, not at all!!! It's all right, pal. We all have similar thoughts. :inlove: :onfire: :)

Whew. In this forum we started with European kinda fans and finished with love. It's like we're breaking new ground, aren't we???

Let me say that Al helped me, too. In a different ways. I couldn't even count them, but I should say that before I became an Al fan, it seemed to me that there were only crazy drug-addicted drunk college mates, cheating lovers and pseudo-friends surrounding me, there was just no way out, only my family and true friends and favourite movies and TV shows that were keeping me from shouting out loud: "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?! :crazy: But then Al came and put all things straight :P !!! (the rest is silence... sorry... tears are coming :biggrin: )

And one more thing... Every time you wake up in an existential quandry, full of loathing and self-doubt and wracked with the pain and isolation of your pitiful meaningless existence, at least you can take a small bit of comfort in knowing that somewhere out thereb in this craxy mixed-up universe of ours there's still a little place called

THE WORLD OF WEIRD AL YANKOVIC FORUMS!!!!! :P :onfire: :listen: 8) :D

Your friend,

SEVA.

P.S. And Martyn, go and check my Tatu topic - I gave you a feedback!!! :P
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

well... scotti, No, it doesn't have the secret file like Al has said he has no control on overseas market so that the first thing...
what do you mean by 'are the covers the same?'

Well, as you say, Al has no control of overseas releases and some of them have had different covers, so I wondered about RWS and BHD...

http://www.weirdal.com/rare26.htm
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I'm studying at the St' Petersburg state University, philologicAL faculty, Czech department.

In that case, your favorite Al tune has got to be that song we all love so well, "The Czech's In The Mail."

I'm SO sorry. :blush: I meant to just lurk here through the European topic, but then I saw a chance to re-use a tired old unoriginal BAD PUN and how could I resist? I'm weak, and I fell. I really do apologize. I feel so terrible about this.

Well, not really.

And, BTW, did I see you quote Hamlet?
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

[And, BTW, did I see you quote Hamlet?

Umm... I don't think so. See, that guy Hamlet must first register on the forum and then post a message so I could quote him! :P

And OE, it's all right. Every your message makes me feel intellectually (and emotionally) happy, so write here easily! And what is actually BAD PUN?

Can't wait!

SEVA.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

[And, BTW, did I see you quote Hamlet?
Umm... I don't think so. See, that guy Hamlet must first register on the forum and then post a message so I could quote him! :P
But then Al came and put all things straight !!! (the rest is silence... sorry... tears are coming )
The rest is silence.
-Hamlet
'Hamlet', Act V, Scene II.

See, you DID quote Hamlet. That certainly ought to make you feel intellectually and emotionally happy, even though it's a play where EVERYBODY DIED! Except for me! (to quote Weird Al)
And what is actually BAD PUN?
Indeed, what IS a bad pun? To my way of thinking, a bad pun exists only in the mind of the person who didn't think of it first. :biggrin:
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Indeed, what IS a bad pun? To my way of thinking, a bad pun exists only in the mind of the person who didn't think of it first. :biggrin:

Or the one that didn't get it.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Seva,

According to dictionary.com a pun is defined as: "A play on words, sometimes on different senses of the same word and sometimes on the similar sense or sound of different words."

A bad pun isn't funny, it's just lame. A good pun leaves people groaning and then wishing they had been the ones to say it.

A Weird Al example from It's Still Billy Joel To Me :

Maybe he should dye his hair bright pink

And stick a safety pin through his cheeks

Then he'd really fit the new wave image

But he couldn't sit down for weeks

Any other WAY examples?

Punning is alot like parody. Everyone thinks they can do it, but few are really masters at the craft.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Another WAY pun: "Woofie, you b----!"

Language that can be used in the most decorous veterinary clinics.