Hey fans! Come on gather!!!

The forum where non-US fans can discuss Weird Al and his band

Moderator: Moderators

Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Oops! It seems that I did really quote Hamlet... Sorry. I have two versions: I did it automatically, or I just didn't know that it was Hamlet.

So, allow me to quote Shakespeare in honor of Weird Al's forthcoming album:

By the pricking of my thumbs

Something wicked this way comes. :P

SEVA.
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

So, allow me to quote Shakespeare in honor of Weird Al's forthcoming album:

By the pricking of my thumbs
Something wicked this way comes. :P

SEVA.

Or how about:

"Out, out, damned Spot! ... That's Bela's place to sit!"

Ah, the joys of taking liberties with the Bard ....

Dr. Dad [Zdrastvuytyeh, Seva, moy droog! Kak dyela?]
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

Those quotes are just too cute!

I tried to think up one, but "If music be the food of love, play on" was a

bit too obvious, so I just decided to "Cudgel my brain no more about it....Yaughan, fetch me a stoop of liquor!" :satisfied:

sg
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Dr. Demento offers a Shakespearian description of his friend Al: "...a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath borne me on his back a thousand times..." (Hamlet, Act V, Scene 1) while he thinks, "Just like Yorick, except that Yorick was dead and Al isn't, and weren't we both glad when the director was finally satisfied with that "horsie ride" scene from 'You Can't Go Home Again!'"
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

[Zdrastvuytyeh, Seva, moy droog! Kak dyela?]

Noo nakonets-to! Preevyet! Kak dyela, Vrach Papa? Gdye vy propadayetye?

(At Last! Hi, Dr. Dad! How are you? Where have you been so long?)

Zdorovo, shto vy prisoyedenilis k nam na nashey yevropeyskoy vecherinke!

(it's great that you joined our European party!)

My vam nravimsya? (do you like us?)

SEVA. :biggrin:
davebunt

Post by davebunt »

[/color]Going completely from the subject... HALLO! I'm a European "Weird Al" Fan and a newbie! I live in the UK and have only been listenin to Al for a few months now, although I saw his movie when I was only knee high - awwwwww. :crazy:

I recently bought the UHF DVD to find it was Region 1!! Does anyone know if a Region 2 version will ever be released? I can still play it on my computer but I'm sure its a lot funnier in widescreen.

Also, is the Poodle Hat Album going to be released in the UK like the 2 most recent "Weird Al" Albums? I'm really looking forward to hearing his new songs although I think its going to be hard to top his last Album - Running with Scissors.

I'd love to talk to a few big "Weird Al" Fans as very few people in my area have heard of him except the idiots who still think Al wrote "Which Backstreet Boy is Gay?" and "Weenie in a Bottle".
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Umm... Hi there! Great to see another fan on the forum. It's a really great place, if it could gather Russians and Dutch and English together, not to mention Americans! Have fun! :biggrin:

SEVA.
Kris Again

Post by Kris Again »

Hi, Im new to this board, but I thought I'd post here, since Im from Norway, Europe. I know Im not the only one that wants Al to tour Europe. We should have a petition. :)

Btw, as far as I know, I am Norways ONLY Weird Al fan. If anyone out there wants to prove me wrong, go ahead. Im pretty confident in my possition. 8)

Do you have any idea how hard it is to collect all of Al's albums when there's few to none records stores that has his albums here? Up untill RWS I had to search for his albums whenever I was out of town or on vacation. Now I've got my own VISA card and can order them online. Poodle Hat should be coming tomorrow. :biggrin:

Laters. :choon:
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

From a guy (I've never met in Norway)...

Great to see you!!! :onfire: Now, how did you become an Al fan? Tell us more about that!

And congratulations! There's 27 posts in this topic, the last one was yours!!!

SEVA.
theparodytimes
Occasional

Post by theparodytimes »

someone said: Ok, Whizzi, let's not compete on who's had to put up with the worst of love. in fact let's all love one another and all that

Sorry.

I said: no body has me beat! ive been walked all over in love :( i dont even want toget into it right now ust use your imaginations for now im sure you wont be far off in whatever evil hings you imagine!
I smell Ice Cream!!!!!!