Outdated Al Lyrics

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Outdated Al Lyrics

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I would say "Mr. Frump in the Iron Lung" is pretty outdated as well.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I love the mention of the Rolodex in "One More Minute".

So totally last millenium.

(I mean, yes I know they still exist, but c'mon. Cell phones and computers have pretty much negated their necessity.)
Troodon
Occasional

Post by Troodon »

Way_Moby wrote:I love the mention of the Rolodex in "One More Minute".

So totally last millenium.

(I mean, yes I know they still exist, but c'mon. Cell phones and computers have pretty much negated their necessity.)
Well for that matter malt shops are even more dated than that lol... it was already an out of date reference back when the song came out. (The closest thing I can think of to a "malt shop" that even exists anymore is Sonic, and it was intentionally established as a throwback. I do see some malt shops from time to time, but they're intentionally created to be themed around 50's/60's nostalgia.)

It's hard for me to think of rolodexes as dated when my boss has one on his desk still.
TheLazenby
Addicted

Post by TheLazenby »

The funniest thing is, you'd think "Talk Soup" would be horrendously dated - a song about a specific show, recorded in 1993.

THAT SHOW IS STILL ON. TWENTY-ONE YEARS LATER.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Troodon wrote:Well for that matter malt shops are even more dated than that lol... it was already an out of date reference back when the song came out. (The closest thing I can think of to a "malt shop" that even exists anymore is Sonic, and it was intentionally established as a throwback. I do see some malt shops from time to time, but they're intentionally created to be themed around 50's/60's nostalgia.)
I always thought it was "mall shop", another way to say "shopping mall" :lol: :imstupid: . Would require much more burning than a malt shop.
I never even knew such things as malt shops ever existed, and I've only seen rolodex on "Hannibal", never in real life.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

I kind of think the line in "Tacky" about getting drunk at the bank and taking off your shirt is a little outdated. I mean, when was the last time you were actually INSIDE a bank?? The only people I know who still go inside and wait in line to make a deposit or withdrawal from a human teller are all over the age of 75.
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

mrmeadows wrote:I kind of think the line in "Tacky" about getting drunk at the bank and taking off your shirt is a little outdated. I mean, when was the last time you were actually INSIDE a bank?? The only people I know who still go inside and wait in line to make a deposit or withdrawal from a human teller are all over the age of 75.
I was at a bank 2 weeks ago to get my student's identification, and then in april to get some foreign currency in cash.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I was inside a bank a few weeks ago depositing some cash into my savings.
And Peggy
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Yeah, there are times when you just have to go inside. Btw, I've got 22 years before I'm 75. Gosh, that makes me feel old, because I'm sure a lot of people here have further to go.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Not every job has direct deposit meaning I have to go to the bank at least every 2 weeks. And while I can transfer from checking to savings, I cant transfer from savings to checking via a computer, so if I have to move money I have to go
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ