The Future of Weird Al Releases

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Re: The Future of Weird Al Releases

Post by Well, Well, Well »

more Bohemian Polka-type songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
taste is only something if it is yours.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Oh god, no!
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Wolfman
Occasional

Post by Wolfman »

PlayAWarGame wrote:How about polka medleys of non-current, easier to license things? Maybe a polka medley of mostly-fifty-year-old Christmas songs next Christmas?
That's not a bad idea, actually. A polka medley of traditional Christmas songs would make a nice little holiday treat. It would fill our desire for a polka and for a Christmas song too. We haven't had one in almost 20 years now. :santa:
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

the future of Al releases is all about desire.
taste is only something if it is yours.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

PlayAWarGame wrote:How about polka medleys of non-current, easier to license things?
:accordion: The Public Domain Polka! :accordion:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

Well, Well, Well wrote:more Bohemian Polka-type songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's an interesting idea, since he'd only have to clear one song. If he could pick juuuust the right one, that would be a great way to keep the polka alive.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

Good Enough For Now wrote: That's an interesting idea, since he'd only have to clear one song. If he could pick juuuust the right one, that would be a great way to keep the polka alive.
Single-artist polkas would be about the same thing, right? Maybe a little more paperwork than one song, but certainly not as much as a dozen different artists.
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

Another interesting idea! I love "Hot Rocks Polka" and I'm not even a big Rolling Stones fan. So many bands could fit that model, and they wouldn't have to be current. I hope he considers this!
Waffle King
Occasional

Post by Waffle King »

Public Domain Polka?"Battle Hymn of the Republic-Al style"So crazy it might work!

But,really I think the way to go would be polkafying a full song a la "Bohemian Polka" or something similar.
Back off me,man-back off.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

Good Enough For Now wrote:Another interesting idea! I love "Hot Rocks Polka" and I'm not even a big Rolling Stones fan. So many bands could fit that model, and they wouldn't have to be current. I hope he considers this!
I mean, we all already want Beatles and Zeppelin polkas, and while those are probably never going to happen, it shows it's definitely something to consider. I can think of quite a few more recent artists that would make great polkas (Nirvana!) and I hope he looks into it.