The Future of Weird Al Releases

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

eleventhirtyfour
Occasional

Re: The Future of Weird Al Releases

Post by eleventhirtyfour »

OR maybe do a Weird Al Polka that just consists of about 12 or so original Weird Al songs... (The Meta Polka?)
twitter.com/allenpwilliams
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

eleventhirtyfour wrote:OR maybe do a Weird Al Polka that just consists of about 12 or so original Weird Al songs... (The Meta Polka?)
As it happens, I'm writing such a polka right now.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

eleventhirtyfour wrote:OR maybe do a Weird Al Polka that just consists of about 12 or so original Weird Al songs... (The Meta Polka?)
Man, if Al's manager hated doing the paperwork for Al's side, imagine him having to handle all the paperwork for both Al's side and the original artist!

Al's manager: Okay, so "Trigger Happy" takes up 6.25% of the song. Would you take a 6% cut of the profits for that one?
Al: I won't settle for a penny less than 6.35%!
Al's manager: Come on Al, be reasonable, please!
Al: Okay, I'll take 6.25% on "Trigger Happy" if you give me 11.75% on "You Make Me"
Al's manager: Deal!

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
PlayAWarGame
Occasional

Post by PlayAWarGame »

Would be worth it strictly for the polkafied Hardware Store bridge.
It doesn't matter if I do things for a reason, or on a W-H-I-M... Just stand back and enjoy the show, cuz baby, I perform this way!
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

It's a positive and a negative, I suppose. I mean, yeah, he'll be more timely and won't have each album be a 'comeback.' But the live shows come into question, certainly. Who knows how often he'll tour from here on out. I mean, he could release a bunch of songs between now and his next tour in 2015, so we may not see/hear certain songs from this album in the set-list for next year.

I know, me personally, it'll suck cause I'm a completionist of sorts and I don't have an iTunes account or an iPod, so any new songs he releases in the future I'll only hear via his website and YouTube...I mean, I don't want to resort to petty hooliganism in order to have them on a blank cd I've got sitting here. :F Maybe he'll have some hard copies for sale at the live shows.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

HappyGilmore wrote: Maybe he'll have some hard copies for sale at the live shows.
From your pixels to Al's eyes.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

HappyGilmore wrote: I know, me personally, it'll suck cause I'm a completionist of sorts and I don't have an iTunes account or an iPod...I mean, I don't want to resort to petty hooliganism in order to have them on a blank cd I've got sitting here.
So get an iTunes account. You can burn them to a CD from there.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

i hope he doesn't go with iTunes since they misspelled his name. He should go with Amazon!
taste is only something if it is yours.
eleventhirtyfour
Occasional

Post by eleventhirtyfour »

Amazon and iTunes aren't mutually exclusive though, right? Why not both?
twitter.com/allenpwilliams
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I felt like the Internet Leaks were released only on iTunes, at least at first. Maybe Amazon mp3 wasn't as popular then. I prefer the mp3 to .m4a or whatever code iTunes uses to limit their distribution.
taste is only something if it is yours.