Best Parody Target Ever

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Which is the best song?

Joan Jett "I Love Rock n Roll"
No votes
Queen "Another One Bites The Dust"
5%
Michael Jackson "Beat It"
16%
Survivor "Eye of the Tiger"
No votes
Huey Lewis & the News "I Want A New Drug"
No votes
The Kinks "Lola"
5%
James Brown "Living In America"
No votes
Robert Palmer "Addicted To Love"
No votes
Michael Jackson "Bad"
No votes
George Harrison "Got My Mind Set On You"
No votes
Dire Straits "Money For Nothing"
No votes
REM "Stand"
No votes
Nirvana "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
21%
Red Hot Chili Peppers "Under The Bridge"
No votes
Aerosmith "Livin' On The Edge"
5%
The Presidents of the United States of America "Lump"
5%
Soul Asylum "Misery"
No votes
Don McLean "American Pie"
16%
Barenaked Ladies "One Week"
5%
Eminem "Lose Yourself"
No votes
Billy Joel "Piano Man"
16%
Green Day "American Idiot"
5%
R. Kelly "Trapped In The Closet"
No votes
Taylor Swift "You Belong With Me"
No votes
Miley Cyrus "Party In The USA"
No votes
Lorde "Royals"
No votes
Imagine Dragons "Radioactive"
No votes

Total votes: 19

RunningWithScissors
Regular

Re: Best Parody Target Ever

Post by RunningWithScissors »

I feel bad for picking one week... i mean, it is my choice but, american pie and piano man are amazing
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yeah, I felt bad for choosing American Pie over One Week, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Under The Bridge, American Idiot, Money For Nothing, Living In America and Lump but I just see it as a greater song in terms of the music and work that went into the lyrics. Lola is also amazingly written and provided Al with the basis to write his famous concert closer, but I've always enjoyed American Pie's lyrics so much more.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Every time I hear American Pie and Piano Man I fall asleep. :z
Nirvana always.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Sailor-Polka-Moon
Addicted
Awards: Outstanding Achievement in Fan Artistry - Traditional (2015)

Post by Sailor-Polka-Moon »

Muldernscully wrote:What? No 'Mmmmm mmmm' by Crast Test Dummies? Just kidding. I'm going with the King of Pop's Beat It. MJ saved Al's career.

I've always loved the unique artist friendship (note ARTIST friendship, even though the two did not meet often and they weren't personally close) between Al and Michael, too.
Despite being completely different musicians of completely different genres, they have a remarkable amount in common:
Their precision, their meticulous approach and their passion for what they do, not to mention the way they keep pushing themselves to do the best they can with the awareness (and motivation) of keeping up with change and being timely, never settling for less or resting on their laurels.
I wouldn't be surprised if they learned some tricks of musicianship from each other.

Gonna go with "Beat It", too. :inlove:
Ai to warai no! SAILOR POLKA ☆ MOON!
Tsuki ni kawatte-- tanoshi mazettangeru!

8*11*15 - first concert ever ~ ♡ mandatory world tour 2015 ♡
6*9*16 - second time around ~ ♡ ♡ mandatory world tour 2016 ♡ ♡
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

This is a really tough choice. I think for me, personally, it's between "Beat It", "Smells Like Teen Spirit", and "American Pie" - all great songs in their own right that also happen to have been indirectly responsible for some of Al's best parodies (which shouldn't be a factor in this decision, but in terms of relative greatness, these similarities must be acknowledged). Of the three, "Teen Spirit" is probably my personal favorite, which I guess means that's where my vote will go.

Also, as of my vote, "Teen Spirit" now has 27% of the votes. Woo-hoo!
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Sailor-Polka-Moon wrote:
Muldernscully wrote:What? No 'Mmmmm mmmm' by Crast Test Dummies? Just kidding. I'm going with the King of Pop's Beat It. MJ saved Al's career.

I've always loved the unique artist friendship (note ARTIST friendship, even though the two did not meet often and they weren't personally close) between Al and Michael, too.
Despite being completely different musicians of completely different genres, they have a remarkable amount in common:
Their precision, their meticulous approach and their passion for what they do, not to mention the way they keep pushing themselves to do the best they can with the awareness (and motivation) of keeping up with change and being timely, never settling for less or resting on their laurels.
I wouldn't be surprised if they learned some tricks of musicianship from each other.

Gonna go with "Beat It", too. :inlove:
Sailor, Beat It still only has one vote. Did you click and submit the Beat It button?