Karaoke

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

aintafraidofy3k
Occasional

Karaoke

Post by aintafraidofy3k »

Wouldn't it be nice if Al would release a karaoke CD? There are Karaoke versions from other artists. Why not A? It could have parodies and originals.
A chicken that barks like a dog cannot get to the other side of the road.
CyberVic

Post by CyberVic »

When I graduated from highschool we had an all night party thing organized and stuff and you could get chances to win prizes based on various things. One of those was singing karaoke. What I'd do is sing the original song aka "Smells like Teen Spirit" for example, then afterward sing "Smells like Nirvana". I got my normal raffle tickes for participating and people who where sitting watching and listening gave me extra tickets because it was so hillarious. I won an N64 that night (this is when the N64 was hot hot hot). Anyhow... yeah Karaoke kicks booty.
:crazy:Al-O-Holic!!!!:listen:

Obsessed with Weird Al since April 1988

Trolling weirdalforum.com since May 2003
planetshadow
Occasional

Instrumental

Post by planetshadow »

Well...there is as an added feature Instrumentals of the originals on Poodle Hat included with the CD. Thats practically karaoke. :P

PlanetShadow

Proud Weird Al Fan Since 1983
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

yeah, I plan to sing Hardware Store to impress my friends (as soon as I learn it!)

Sarah

but I just have to figure out how to get it on a tape or CD.....
Medemia
Occasional

Post by Medemia »

Hi Sarah. Glad to see you.

Well, I could do Karaoke at my house and just play the track from the enhanced CD and read the lyrics, but that wouldn't work. I can't read that fast. Somehow have to rip that to another CD and add words. Someone should be that good. Although the background voices add a lot to that song, so it's not really good... ahhhhh!!! Just come out with it on a Karaoke CD!

Tony (Baby Animal)
POODLEHAT
Occasional

cd

Post by POODLEHAT »

there is actually an AL kareoke cd, but i dont think AL released it...i forget where i got it (SORRY!) but it is there its not great quality, but it is still AL

its got Fat Eat it, etc
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

Check E-Bay....

Sarah

HEY TONY! GREAT TO SEE YA!
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Once I performed at my school dance, singing "Eat It", "Like A Surgeon", and "Amish Paradise."

For a project, I parrodied "Bad"/"Fat" and named it... "Sew", since my project was on the sewing machine. REALLY weird... but that's not bad at all![/b]
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

missed opportunity

Post by Elvis »

You know what would have been a neat feature? If the instrumental versions on the songs could be played through the lyrics section, except with the actual lyrics coming up when they were supposed to. This way, you could sing along.

Oh well, maybe next album, huh?

There are quite a few karaoke CDs out there already for Al stuff. Check eBay. Some of them are no more than MIDI files, while others are just a collection of the parody target's karaoke files, complete with the original backgrounds. Others use female background singers.

The only released Al karaoke track that I can think of is "Eat It" which can be found on a few karaoke laserdiscs.

Dave
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

I've seen a Karaoke disc out there. One that had Bedrock Anthem, Eat It, Amish Paradise, Gump, One More Minute, Dare To Be Stupid, Smells Like Nirvana....and some other stuff. I did Karaoke to SLN, because I could sound bad on purpose. ;)

~Allison