Karaoke

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Prosthetic_Lips
Occasional

Post by Prosthetic_Lips »

aintafraidofy3k:

Do you know what CD it is from? I found a good one (via a P2P program) and it sounds good, but the ID3 tags are clear, so I don't know where it came from.

And, yes, I agree, the Karaoke versions with crowd noise are just junk. They are hard to sing along to, and are pretty distracting.
Holy crap, I've got a laser cannon!
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

The karaoke version of DTBS, I believe, is from an OOP single of some sort. Part of it was on the Live DVD, but not the whole song. I have the full version :ph34r: and it's very good.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, since my last post in here, CB sent me a cd with those karaoke versions for SYBG and DTBS. They are both very good, as they are backing vocals/music from the real songs. I have yet to get the timing right for SYBG, but I still have fun singing along while I do the dishes. hehe!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

algonacchick @ Sep 23 2005, 11:57 PM wrote: Well, since my last post in here, CB sent me a cd with those karaoke versions for SYBG and DTBS. They are both very good, as they are backing vocals/music from the real songs. I have yet to get the timing right for SYBG, but I still have fun singing along while I do the dishes. hehe!
*Bump*

Algonacchick,

I have those too! Those Karaoke Versions are indeed official Karaoke Mixes of Dare To Be Stupid and Since You've Been Gone, listen closely and you'll hear Al's background vocals.

Other official releases I have are the two different instrumental versions of Spy Hard, the instrumental version of Callin' In Sick and the official Karaoke version of Eat It. All of the songs I meantioned (DTBS, SYBG, Spy Heard, Callin' In Sick, and Eat It) are all included in the Rarities collection.

Speaking of Karaoke:

Usually, I'll find a MIDI file of whatever song Al parodied and I convert it to .wav with my collection of Soundfonts and MIDI-to-WAV conversion software, mix the converted tracks (as I use different soundfonts for each instrument) into one single file and burn to CD. Much better (and more creative) than what's already out there, and the lack of backup vocals and CD+G displays make it both surprising for the audience and fun to perform with.
"...Enthusiasm mediocre; keep in mind the animals are DEAD!"
xandermercury

Post by xandermercury »

wow, i KNEW there were some "Weird Al" karaoke tracks somewhere, I just can't find them right now lol

does anyone know where I can find them, if they can be found? thanks :)
weird
Occasional

Post by weird »

:D I know LEGEND brand has a silly songs cd and it has eat it and it has really good qaulity and I own it
Skittles, Its raining skittles.
shakespeare234
Regular

Post by shakespeare234 »

Bump.

Are these two links I found on amazon related to any of the CD's previously discussed? Does anyone have them? Are they good?

Barry

One
Two
Every 27th customer will get a ball peen hammer FREE!!!
jake waters
Regular

Post by jake waters »

I've had both these CDs since 2001. They are probably the best Weird Al karaoke tracks commercially available. The songs that require accordion parts sound kind of cheesey because the accordion is obviously a synth, but songs like Pentiums and One More Minute are great.

Sound Choice (who produced these CDs) has samples on their site of the tracks.

CD 1

CD 2
NovaGreensocks
Obsessed

Post by NovaGreensocks »

The people that sing in the samples confuse me o.O;;
But, the music itself seems close to the original [even if most of it is synth].
Hey, it's better than trying to sing the parodies to the karaoke versions of the originals; the back-up singers tend to throw you off in certain songs. ^_^
Anata mo watashi mo Polka!
TheLazenby
Addicted

Post by TheLazenby »

With a little bit of editing know-how and a lot of spare time to putz with it, you could use the 12" version of "I Lost On Jeopardy" to make a karaoke version... there's enough instrumental parts.

And no, I haven't done it, so DON'T ASK ME!! :ph34r:
Steve's mixes, lookie!
Lousy Haircut - complete!! http://www.mediafire.com/?xyimjmdjkml
Black Gold vs Santa! http://www.mediafire.com/?zztmgltz2ym