Karaoke

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

jake waters @ Feb 26 2006, 01:33 PM wrote: with the exception of DTBS.. I noticed a few wrong notes in that song
Well, luckily, I already have the actual DTBS karaoke track from the AP single.
jake waters
Regular

Post by jake waters »

NovaGreensocks @ Feb 26 2006, 11:36 AM wrote: You mean the part where Bermuda "played" everyone's feet, and so on? OH, those sour notes drive me crazy >_<
Yup! That's the part.
NovaGreensocks
Obsessed

Post by NovaGreensocks »

I guess the people who made the karaoke tracks thought of that part as more of a techno sound effect than as part of the melody.. But, you'd think that they'd take the time to get a few notes right... *shrugs*
Anata mo watashi mo Polka!
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Could something like that be the result of possibly using a MIDI file to transcribe the melody? Just wonderin'.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NovaGreensocks
Obsessed

Post by NovaGreensocks »

I dunno.. the only DTBS midi I've heard has that part right. The karaoke version is off-key, though.
Anata mo watashi mo Polka!
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

I own a couple SoundChoice CDs. One of Billy Joel (cause I needed a backing track for It's Still Real Estate To Me) and Hits of Sting and The Police vol. 1. If you plan on getting Karaoke CDs, especially of Weird Al Yankovic, SoundChoice is the best Karaoke Manufacturer out there.

For those of you who are curious, yes, I'd say that the Weird Al Yankovic Karaoke CDs from SoundChoice are the best ones comercially, like Jake posted before. It's certainly better than the Sweet Georgia Brown CD. At least the Studio Musicians make an effort to make the instrumental sound close to home. I have a few SoundChoice Karaoke .mp3s I found off of KaZaA for possible parodies. Listen to their interpretation of Jack and Diane, by John Mellencamp and play it back to back with the actual John Mellencamp song and you'll be surprised at the quality and effort put into the recreated instrumentation. I *DID* manage to edit out the background singers on said .mp3, because I plan to use that for a possible parody. You never know when those will will be needed.
"...Enthusiasm mediocre; keep in mind the animals are DEAD!"
Uncle Nutzy

Post by Uncle Nutzy »

Personally, I love the idea of going to a pub on Karaoke Night, picking a song Al has parodied, and singing his lyrics instead of the original. I prefer his original songs a whole heck of a lot more than his parodies, but I'd settle for the parody idea.
Poptronixx
Die-hard Fan

Post by Poptronixx »

There is an online Karaoke site at http://www.singshot.com

Check out this guy's take on Al's Achy Breaky Song:
http://www.singshot.com/playPerformance ... 614&play=Y

Does anyone fancy a go?
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

I recently witnessed a man with a distinct Indian accent do White and Nerdy karaoke style. It was quite the sight to behold. :ph34r:

Adrian
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Ah, yes. That most definitely was interesting, though he seemed confused about who actually sang that song. :ph34r:
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.