Upcoming Song Speculation

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

hungerfan
Occasional

Re: Upcoming Song Speculation

Post by hungerfan »

heh. my thought on the pic was they were in for something else and thought some fake news would be fun to spread. we can still speculate!!!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Speaking of pics, Suzanne just released this new photo of Al on her public/professional photography account.

It's location is tagged as "The Village Recording Studios" and the caption is "That's A Wrap!"

I'm guessing that in the next couple of weeks, we may be getting a new single announcement after they'really done mixing and mastering whatever Al and the band just finished recording all their parts for.

After all, I remember when Al announced he had recorded the "Whatever You Like" single starting on 9/29/08 and the song was released on iTunes on 10/8/08 (after whatever snafu prevented it from.being released on 10/7/08).

Since Al's out of his album contract entirely now, I'm sure this next song will be released in a much similar fashion in time for the tour.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Also for comparison, Al "ambushed" Iggy Azalea on June 8th, and posted an image of the mastered album to twitter on the 12th. I think the new song is going to drop next week (one week before the tour starts)
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Muppetboy09 wrote:Also for comparison, Al "ambushed" Iggy Azalea on June 8th, and posted an image of the mastered album to twitter on the 12th. I think the new song is going to drop next week (one week before the tour starts)
I could see this, assuming Al plans to spend this weekend beginning mixing and mastering the song. I'm sure he wants to get this out at least in time for the tour if not right before or during it, so...who knows? He could release this one on the 26th or 27th for all we know!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Killingsworth wrote:It's location is tagged as "The Village Recording Studios"
One mile from where I live. :think:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

Music usually releases on Fridays, right? And there's only one Friday between now and the start of the tour on the 27th. Is it possible/likely a single will drop this Friday, February 23rd?
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

drewdy9999 wrote:Music usually releases on Fridays, right? And there's only one Friday between now and the start of the tour on the 27th. Is it possible/likely a single will drop this Friday, February 23rd?
I thought it at least used to be new music would drop on Tuesdays (as all of Als' previous albums have to my knowledge) but in this era, digital releases are typically on Fridays (for both singles AND albums) so I guess Tuesday 2/20, Friday 2/23 or Tuesday 2/27 may be the most likely release dates for him to have something out in time for the tour.

I'm guessing it would most likely be either Friday or next Tuesday so Al would be able to announce his new release ahead of time (and again, to hype up the tour just a bit).

Boy, now that I think about this...if he really does release this new song on 2/27, I'd imagine the people here going to see him that night are gonna have one helluva full Tuesday, huh? At least you guys will have something new to listen to on the ride to and back (or failing that, he at least should perform this new song on stage that night if you don't get to hear it by then).

Speaking of which, do you think this new single would be one of the few songs he would play every single night on this tour? I realize were most likely going to get just one new single here, but if he ends up giving up a new EPs' worth of material...do you guys think he would rotate out those new songs and play a different one each night?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I recently learned this because of TMBG's new album, but apparently a few years ago they formally moved new music to Fridays, no longer Tuesdays. If it is released traditionally through iTunes, Spotify, and other services, this Friday would be the logical choice!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

TMBJon wrote:I recently learned this because of TMBG's new album, but apparently a few years ago they formally moved new music to Fridays, no longer Tuesdays. If it is released traditionally through iTunes, Spotify, and other services, this Friday would be the logical choice!
Yes, I would hope so. Either this or next Friday. If it is THIS Friday, I'm surprised there has been absolutely no announcement of a release yet. Hell, I'm starting to think Al may just pull a Beyonce and surprise release this at midnight without telling anyone at all.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

My original guess was today, because I figured he'd want at least a week for fans to familiarize themselves with the song. I'll honestly be surprised if it doesn't drop this week.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic