Special Songs

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

Well, the first time I ever remember any musical contact with Weird Al was probably when I was about :huh: 4 or 5 my brother had "In 3D" and he played Eat It all the time. When I was about 8 or 9 I was sleeping over at my best friends house and he had just got a new computer that came with a Kareoke collection(1000 songs or so...) and he was telling me about this funny song called "Eat It" so we played it and sang it and I loved it. :yell: I didn't know who Weird Al was though, so I didn't buy any of his Cd's yet. Then I was at school and our teacher asked us to bring our most favorite music CD and some kid brought Alapalooza. He played Livin' In The Fridge I think...Anywho, I thought "Hey! Was that that Weird Al dude my friend and I were listening to?" Then another one of my friends baught Alapalooza and The Food ALbum and eventually got sick of them (man who could get sick of Weird Al?!?!? :mad: ) and he gave them to me. On The Food ALbum I got to hear Eat It and remembered that that was the song I liked, so I baught Bad Hair Day, RWS, "WA"Y, OTDE, DTBS, EW, UHFOMPSAOS, In 3D, PP, and PH...Now waiting for the 12th ALbum! So I guess it was "Eat It" that got me hooked... :biggrin:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

JD! Where've you been?
rboy27
Obsessed

Post by rboy27 »

JD! Where've you been?

Not here obviously! :P

-Rich, just Rich
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

When I went to see Pokemon 2000 (the movie) I knew Al was going to sing Polkamon durring the credits. Everyone starts to leave except for me. A man walks by and his son, about 7 or 8, asks "Why are staying here?" "Weird Al Yankovic does a song at the end", I replyed. A big smile apeared on the kids face and he said "Realy!?" It was obvious he was a fan. But his dad yanked his arm and says "No, he's lying! Don't listen to him!" I felt horrible for the child.

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe something like that would happen.

I stayed for the end credits at the movie when I saw it, and a whole bunch of kids actually stayed and started dancing to "Polkamon"...
JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

JD! Where've you been?

Wow! People still remember me!!! Lol. :)

Anyways, it is a long story. Since I use AOL, and I am under 18, I have to have Child controls on me...Well, when WHiZZi changed the name of the site from WeirdAl.No-Ip.Com to WeirdAlForum.Com, for some reason, AOL decided to block my access rights to it.

I asked my brother (pays for AOL so he gets parental privelages...) to loosen the security a bit so I could visit the site, so he did, but it still wouldn't work. I was crushed. I stopped using the internet all together and LITERALLY felt depressed. But, recently AOL came up with a new feature so when I try to visit a blocked website, it would say "You do not have access to this website" and then it had a button I could click that would "Request Permission For Access" so I clicked it, and my bro un-blocked it so I am SO HAPPY!!!

I will be back for good now!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Of course I remember you. Welcome back! Man, have you got some catching up to do. I bet you had 27,000 posts to read!
JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

I bet you had 27,000 posts to read!

Woah yeah! I haven't even finished! Just started. It will be a week or so till I have caught up...Hey what happened to the WeirdAl.Com update page? Is it locked? Have to check... :dontgetit:
The name is John, but you can call me JD! ^~^
marko d
Occasional

Post by marko d »

Achy Breaky Song, because that was the first Album I got, and I made a point to memorize it.
Twinkies Are Yucky
Obsessed
Awards: honor roll 2002

Post by Twinkies Are Yucky »

*bump*

Well, I have three songs that are special to me: "Addicted to Spuds", "Eat it", and "It's All About the Pentiums". ATS is special because while it's not what got me into Al, it's the first Al song I ever heard because my brother would sing it over and over again in the car. EI is special because it's what got me into Al, when I did a search for Michael Jackson songs but got this song instead! IAATP is special because for some weird reason, it makes me feel better when I'm angry or upset. Like when this girl at school gives me a hard time, I just say, "Yeah? Well, while your computer's crashing, mine's multitasking!"

:lol:
DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

My very special song is Wanna B Ur Lovr, I remember Al singing it to me... therefore it is my special song!!!!!!!

Amish Paridise was the first Al song I ever heard, so its also very special,

White n' Nerdy was the first song that shoved me from... "Oh, yeah, Weird AL Yonkavickacheizzy, I know him" to " WEIRD AL YANKOVIC!!!! HE IS SOOOOOOO AWESOME!"

At the time I was (still am) a total Xmen geek, so it made me happy to hear that line!
Oh snap!