Best album?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Chimpbizkit
Occasional

Post by Chimpbizkit »

Gonna have to be RWS. It was the first ALbum I got, and there are the most songs on it that i can relate too, as the parodies are all pretty recent songs.
SqUiRtY
Occasional

Post by SqUiRtY »

RWS is the best yeah, it was also the first album i got, and some of the songs such as Jerry Springer and Pretty fly for a rabbi are, as Chimpbizkit says, new songs... I also like the Polka on RWS cause the songs he sings on it are songs i like, namely Dope show - Marilyn Manson and a fairly distinctive cover of NIN. (nine inch nails)
Larry
Occasional

Post by Larry »

Al seems to get better with every album. There are less weak tracks. I thought Off the Deep End was the weakest album of all. But since then they seem to get better and better. No really lousy songs on the last few albums.
<--That's Al going up the escalator.

Now tell me who's this Paul
Narelle27
Die-hard Fan

Post by Narelle27 »

I agree with earlier (2002) comments. Al just keeps getting better. Even Al says his latest is his best.

I suppose SOL is my fav at the moment, it is still 'new' even though it has been played to death, but I find it hard to choose a fav from such a great back catalogue.

Each ALbum has its merits & obvious favourites, each ALbum also has different memories for different times in my life- I am lucky enough to have followed Al's career from In 3D so didn't have to 'catch up' on much & heard subsequent ALbums in their 'time' so they weren't 'dated'. Later ALbums have shown Al & TBITB musical skill with a greater focus on 'mirroring' of the music & sound of the original artist not just some great parody lyrics - although this has relegated the accordion to mostly originals (which I usually rank higher than parodies anyway) & polkas.

While I don't dislike anything Al does I suppose Even Worse would be my least favourite & by adding up individual favs of each Album I would say OTE would just edge out the others as overall favourite with In 3D being sentimental fav as it was the one that started it all for me.

Also, as each ALbum has evolved, so have the live perfomances, each being better than the last .....but that is another topic....
there's a motorcycle zooming by me.....watch what happens when I open my door
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

PH is still my favorite. I do agree with everyone that Al's more recent ALbums are better than his older ones.
And Peggy
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Bad Hair Day.
taste is only something if it is yours.
twinkieweinersandwiches24_7
Off The Deep End

Post by twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 »

For now I'd say SOL. Not a single stinker/filler track on it IMHO, and the originals are some of Al's best work yet.
Stephanie
Al Team #2781
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

If I had to pick, I'd say it's a tossup between Bad Hair Day and "Weird Al" Yankovic. I first really got into Al's music when BHD came out, when I was in 6th grade. But I got his self-titled album right around that time as well, and that has "Mr. Frump" and "Happy Birthday" which are hilarious songs.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

In 3-D. Always and by far. I think the trouble is you all like the new albums because they're new. Granted, I don't have each album but still...
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

weird_el @ Mar 3 2002, 08:54 PM wrote: Although Dare To Be Stupid has many fine songs on it, I'd have to say Al's best is probably Running With Scissors (at least until the next CD comes out). It's truly amazing and wonderful that any artist can put out their best work 20 years into their career. I think RWS really raised the bar on the artistic merit of what Al creates. The Saga Begins especially brought parody to a higher form of art. It's not just funny and topical, it's also beautifully arranged and very accurate in both the summary of the subject and the syllable usage of the lyric.
And Albuquerque is the most orginal thing I've ever heard Al do.
I said this 5 years and 2 albums ago, and I still think so. Although what I didn't know then was how much Albuquerque was an esoteric homage to Dick's Automotive.
This means something. This is important.