Worst Weird Al Song

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

thanks, i read your post this morning, now ive been singing that song all day!

Mike
Moneybags
Regular

You've twisted my arm

Post by Moneybags »

Although I could probably listen to any given "Weird Al" song repeatedly for weeks on end, I guess there are a few I'm not as into as the rest. I fnd that on each album, there's always that one song I just can't get into as much as I can with the rest. Prime examples of this would be "Traffic Jam", "Callin' In Sick" and "Eat It" (The latter being simply because I've heard it so many times as the definitive Al song from the not-so-hardcore fans that I can't appreciate it as much as I can the majority of his work.

However, I have no beef with "Christmas At Ground Zero".
zzcoop

Post by zzcoop »

I'm a huge Al fan, but, as with my adoration of The Beatles, I can't deny the fact that there are a few duds in his catalog. A few that I'll admit I tend to skip:

Buy Me A Condo
Don't Wear Those Shoes
Here's Johnny
The White Stuff
The Plumbing Song
Waffle King
The Bohemian Polka
Slime Creatures From Outer Space

Um... that's more than enough, I think. I don't want you all to hate me on my first night of posting. :P
".zihW-zeehC stae nataS"
SqUiRtY
Occasional

Post by SqUiRtY »

To be honest i dont like any of the Star Wars songs, they just arent funny... and The night santa went crazy to me is really really bad. And lastly Germs was good at the start, but its not that good anymore...
Chimpbizkit
Occasional

Post by Chimpbizkit »

there are a couple on alpalooza that i dont really like much, but i still listen to them. there arent any songs that i dont listen to...
SqUiRtY
Occasional

Post by SqUiRtY »

Well i tend not to listen to the worse ones, although with the other fans around here its hard not to hear 'em! I also feel that i actually have to own the songs to like them, dont ask me why but i just do!
"Lethal Luke" Bannon
Occasional

Songs I skip

Post by "Lethal Luke" Bannon »

Here are some songs that while I don't hate I tend to skip:

Trigger Happy (Though it's a good parody of Beach Boys songs)

When I was your age

Taco Grande (I listen to it sometimes but not others)

The Plumbing Song

My Baby's in love with Eddie Vedder

Truck Driving Song (Joke gets old very fast)

Callin' in Sick

Phony Calls

Since you've been gone

I like Nature Trail to Hell as it has a good instrumental bit and is a good parody of the Friday the 13thesque slasher films, I also like Fat and Eat it, I like Addicted to Spuds, the White stuff and others.

But the only song I really hate, though sometimes I listen to it is Xmas at Ground Zero! Hands down! If you like it fine, but don't try and get me to like it
I like Weird Al- he's more intelligent then me

Soap's more intelligent then you!
Neewom4

Post by Neewom4 »

I don't really dislike any of his songs, but most of the time I skip over:

Amish Paradise (gets really old)

Toothless People

Phony Calls

Waffle King

Ah, don't hate me for my preferences. :huh:

-Hel-
Obbsesed
Occasional

Post by Obbsesed »

I don't really not like any of them, but the one's I tend to skip are:

Jerry Springer

Truck Drivin' Song

It's All About the Pentiums

Velvet Elvis

And maybe some others...Can't think of any now.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Least Favorites

Post by mrmeadows »

I'd have to agree that "Phony Calls" is one of his weaker parody efforts, but I think my least favorite parody would have to be "The Plumbing Song". Maybe the fact that it was based on Milli Vanilli taints it a bit, but I never really thought plumbing was necessarily the funniest song subject he could have come up with.

Least favorite original? Definitely "I Was Only Kidding". Just for the record (since it seems to be getting a lot of flack around here), I think C@GZ is GOLD! I always thought this song was a universal favorite, so I have to ask if it was your least favorite BEFORE the tragic events on 9/11?

Least favorite album? Gotta say "Even Worse". No real BAD songs on this one, but overall not his best work. I like "Lasagna", "Velvet Elvis", "Melanie" and "Six Words Long" quite a bit, but the rest of it isn't his strongest stuff. Besides, there's something kinda wrong about an Al album (post-1984) with no polka medley!

Meadows

PS: Don't hate me.