The Rare Stuff

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

alberta1
Obsessed

Post by alberta1 »

Now here's the thing - I thought that I pretty much had every Al song available but there are always other tunes which fans on this site bring up and I have to confess to myself (I've never heard of that one! :o - always a shock to the system).

What I thought might be handy is if people know of any rare, hard to find songs of Als that they could post the titles here and give a description about it.

For example I was recently trying to find Free Delivery however I was told that it was only a special song for concerts - which is where I heard it myself.

As for Pac Man, I figured that this may be on one of Als earlier albums but I was wrong again.

Are there any more songs out there which will never be apart of my CD collection because they are rare?

~Lisa~
i_love_yankovic
Obsessed

Post by i_love_yankovic »

Don't know where exactly, but I think we have a topic for this...
Look around a bit more.
:)
Very tasty!
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

I couldn't really find anything. I found seperate topics of the rare songs.

I did find this though. Rare stuff you own

I don't know if this is related.
Al team # 2836
i_love_yankovic
Obsessed

Post by i_love_yankovic »

blah! ignore me... :lookaround:
Very tasty!
alberta1
Obsessed

Post by alberta1 »

Thanks guys!
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Manda @ Jan 9 2005, 09:20 PM wrote: I couldn't really find anything. I found seperate topics of the rare songs.

I did find this though. Rare stuff you own

I don't know if this is related.
That looks like it's more for rare merchendise. I think this topic is for general discussion of rare Al songs.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

The most comprehensive list of rare Al songs can be found here. It includes all the lyrics as well.
This means something. This is important.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

weird_el @ Jan 10 2005, 08:49 AM wrote: The most comprehensive list of rare Al songs can be found here. It includes all the lyrics as well.
Wow, that link helps. :D

Thanks.
In hiding since 2010
thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

I have a question!

Belvedere Cruisin' and School Cafeteria were recorded in 1976.

According to Lastatkatt's Ultimate Collection Nobody Here but us Frogs, Leisure Suite Serenade, and Cheerios Apple Jacks Cheerios were also recorded in 1976.

According to Elvis's Songography Frogs, Suite, and Cheerios were recorded in 1977.

According to the Dr. Demento List of rare Al songs Frogs, Suit, and Cheerios were recorded in 1979.

So, which is it? Were Frogs, Suite, and Cheerios recorded in '76, '77, or '79?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

thatoneguy @ Dec 23 2005, 09:05 AM wrote: According to (the) Songography Frogs, Suite, and Cheerios were recorded in 1977.
I'd have to dig through my notes, but IIRC the 1977 dates came from an older version of Jeff's unreleased Al page (but I might be misremembering), which unbeknownst to me until very recently has since been updated to change the dates of the songs in question to 1976.

I don't know what new info had come up to result in such a change, but I trust Jeff on this kind of stuff, so I'll try to update those dates as well in the next Songography.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;