Favorite Polka?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

NMRodo
Occasional

Re: Favorite Polka?

Post by NMRodo »

12. Angry White Boy Polka
11. Polkamon
10. Polka Party!
9. The Hot Rocks Polka
8. Polka Your Eyes Out
7. Polkarama!
6. The Alternative Polka
5. Bohemian Polka
4. Polka Face
3. Polka Power!
2. Hooked on Polkas
1. Polkas on 45

Let it be known that I like all of the polkas, but certainly not equally. I really like #7-1, so those were some tough choices for me.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

"Alternative Polka"... all the way.

If it had "Buddy Holly" it would be the only one that matters.
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

I'm not sure why people are ranking Angry White Boy so high and Party so low. I don't get it.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Mystik Tomato wrote:I'm not sure why people are ranking Angry White Boy so high and Party so low. I don't get it.
Well, "Party!" as an album pretty much tanked and as far as the Disgruntled Caucasian Gentlemen go...well, I guess most board members here seemed to be impressed at Al's ability to make anything from the dreaded "nu-metal" genre listenable to his that large pocket of his fans that weren't familiar with the current music scene...or maybe they're just glad he chose to go the alt. rock route with that polka because top 40 pop music of the era must've been so bad, not even an accordion could save it...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Killingsworth wrote:
Mystik Tomato wrote:I'm not sure why people are ranking Angry White Boy so high and Party so low. I don't get it.
Well, "Party!" as an album pretty much tanked
I'm more talking about the polka from that album. I dunno. It just seems like it's a good collection of songs that gets overlooked, whereas AWBP seems to be a very boring and uncreative polka as a whole.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Mystik Tomato wrote: AWBP seems to be a very boring and uncreative polka as a whole.
well, most of the original songs were a bit boring and uncreative themselves...but Al can hardly be blamed for that...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Interrobang
Die-hard Fan

Post by Interrobang »

Angry White Boy Polka is one I really don't like too much (comparative to his other polkas).
We're gonna yodel like it's 1999!

You weasel-faced dog boy!
spunkyandy
Occasional

Post by spunkyandy »

Not seeing many folks liking Polkarama! I think this has to be Al's best so far--and his new Polka Face should be a close tie for a good combination of songs, tempo changes, and accordion playing. Of course, the accordion-freak I am, I would love to hear it in other songs as well. Al's voice just keeps improving, maybe that's why I like the newer ones?
~Andrea K. B.~ @AndreaKay1984
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Polkarama and Polka Power are both really well arranged. I would consider them the new standard. IMO Angry White Boy was a little weaker than those, and Polka Face is right up there if not better.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
spunkyandy
Occasional

Post by spunkyandy »

TMBJon wrote:Polkarama and Polka Power are both really well arranged. I would consider them the new standard. IMO Angry White Boy was a little weaker than those, and Polka Face is right up there if not better.
Glad to hear someone else agrees about Polkarama! HA! I though I was a minority here. If you're like me, you are getting antsy for the new Polka song...my mantra now is: "will wait for Polka." :)
~Andrea K. B.~ @AndreaKay1984