Al Meets Cledus

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

DareToBeStupid
Occasional

Post by DareToBeStupid »

What if Al and country parodist Cledus T.Judd did a song together!? One time Cledus said that he WOULD like to do a song with Al. Do you think it would be possible!? Cledus even mentions Al on the song "Another Day In Parodies". "Just ask Weird Al,he'd agree,it's just another day in parodies".
Don't Fear The Future-God Is Already There!
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

That would definitely be cool.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Cledus even said he had the song written already. It is a parody of, what else, "Im A Little Bit Country, He's A Little bit Rock N Roll" I have been waiting for this to happen since I first heard about almost 10 years ago, Im starting to think it wont happen though. I dont know if he ever approached Al about it or not. Sounds like a good Ask Al though.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

I'm sure Al would do it if Cledus asked him...
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

Yeah, that's definitely a good Ask Al question. If that song was ever made, then it'd certainly be interesting.
'Who are you and how did you get in here?' 'I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' Leslie Nielsen, as Lieutenant Frank Drebin, From Police Squad
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I'd like to see it happen. I'm a fan of both.

Is it true Cledus doesn't have a label though? I read that, but since it's on wiki, I'm tempted to not believe it.

Would be a good song though.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
DareToBeStupid
Occasional

Post by DareToBeStupid »

HappyGilmore @ Jan 26 2007, 05:50 PM wrote: I'd like to see it happen.  I'm a fan of both. 

Is it true Cledus doesn't have a label though?  I read that, but since it's on wiki, I'm tempted to not believe it.

Would be a good song though.
When he first started out he was with Razor and Tie. Then he movie to Sony and now he's with Koch Records but as it says on Wikipedia he doesn't have a record label right now. I guess that'll explain why the Ray Stevens tribute wasn't released last year! I actually did go to Ask Al and asked the question if him and Cledus would ever do a song together. But I guess it's one of those questions that was never answered.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

DareToBeStupid @ Jan 27 2007, 02:55 AM wrote: When he first started out he was with Razor and Tie. Then he movie to Sony and now he's with Koch Records. I actually did got to Ask Al and asked the question if him and Cledus would ever do a song together. But I guess it's one of those questions that was never answered.
Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if I should have believed it, cause it was wiki. That's great he's on Koch. He's good though.
DareToBeStupid
Occasional

Post by DareToBeStupid »

But I looked at Wikipedia where did said that he's not with a record label right now which may explain why a Ray Stevens Tribute CD wasn't released last year. So I guess they are right then Gilmore.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I guess so. He should be on a label though. He's great.