Possible Poodle Hat Music Videos

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

louietheweaselfaceddogboy
Obsessed

Post by louietheweaselfaceddogboy »

I don't understand anything anymore! AAAHHHH!!!

*Actually, I consider "Bob" to NOT be a music video. Al has performed numerous songs on AL-TV's. "Since You've Been Gone"; "Harvey the Wonder Hamster" and such. If Al doesn't count those aren't counted as music videos - why should this??*
WeirdAlsBestFriend
Obsessed

Post by WeirdAlsBestFriend »

Bob is a music video, a very poor one. I'm sorry to say, but even Al doesn't like it.
Jeffrey Dahmer rules!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

WeirdAlsBestFriend @ Jan 27 2008, 01:39 AM wrote: I'm sorry to say, but even Al doesn't like it.
What's your source for that? I don't remember him saying anything like that. "Bob" is pretty much a dead-on copy of the original Dylan filmed.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Yeah, I don't understand what you're saying, Enrique. Why would al put the "Bob" video on his most recent video collection dvd if he didn't like it? I think it's good, and, like Helen said, it's dead-on.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

And why would it be on the video collection if it wasn't a video. Maybe Dave could answer that one.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
WeirdAlsBestFriend
Obsessed

Post by WeirdAlsBestFriend »

Thats not what I meant! I meant to say, that most people don't consider it a video, and niether does he... I think. I'll go check.

EDIT: " Ialso like the idea of just having a ton of videos for this album, since Poodle Hat didn't really have any videos (unless you count "Bob"... which most people don't)."

I'm a bit confused on what Al thinks of the video.
Jeffrey Dahmer rules!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

minnick27 @ Jan 27 2008, 09:25 AM wrote: And why would it be on the video collection if it wasn't a video. Maybe Dave could answer that one.
I don't know. Take it up with Al. I don't think he's ever publicly explained that. Probably a marketing thing if I had to guess. I'm fine with it being on there. I just think that it should be listed with the other makeshift videos (LITF, "Lasagna") instead of the main ones.
WeirdAlsBestFriend @ Jan 27 2008, 11:39 AM wrote: EDIT: " Ialso like the idea of just having a ton of videos for this album, since Poodle Hat didn't really have any videos (unless you count "Bob"... which most people don't)."
:Y

From the FAQ: (emphasis mine)

Why wasn't there a music video for Poodle Hat?

Al was actually planning to do a video for “Couch Potato” (his parody of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”). But unfortunately, even though Eminem was okay with Al having the parody on his album, for some strange reason he denied permission for Al to make a music video for the song. Since Al was already in pre-production on the video and also had to put together his AL-TV special and gear up for a 3-month concert tour, he didn’t have the time to switch gears and do a video for a different song. Al did put together a couple of makeshift videos for AL-TV (including one for the song “Bob” which was a dead-on parody of Dylan’s “Subterranean Homesick Blues” from the Don’t Look Back documentary), but those were low-budget quickies that were intended to be exclusive to the VH1 special.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!