Rare Weird Al Singles

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Coastergeekperson04
Occasional

Post by Coastergeekperson04 »

flusher5 @ Apr 12 2008, 04:33 PM wrote: I got like 4 Like a surgeon 45s, the American one, the Canadian one, the australian promo (from Epic Records) and the picture disc
Like a Surgeon was on a picture disc? I heard picture discs sound really bad because they carve through a layer of paint.
7/26/96, 9/28/99, 10/12/07, 6/28/08
flusher5
Addicted

Post by flusher5 »

its a thin piece of paper, with 2 clear thin discs around it, it sounds the same as the regular 45. I never heard of picture discs that were painted on.
Rice in my Laundry, Lice in my Milk.

call me "Ben" not flusher
Dunderhead27
Occasional

Post by Dunderhead27 »

The Picture disc is on rare items if you want to look at it Coastergeekperson , I have it
My aim name is Dunderhead27
weirdalfan1000000
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan1000000 »

I honestly never got the point of singles. If you like the song and the artist, why not just buy the whole album? I guess the pictures are cool, but you can just search "Eat It" on Google Images and see the picture. I guess it is fun to collect rare CDs, but if you aren't collecting them, what's the point if you already have the album?
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

It's more for the casual fans of the artist. I mean, why should you shell out $30 for one song that you like and eleven that you may or may not enjoy at all?

That's happened to me a few times; I've bought CDs where a single wasn't available for the songs I like and ended up with 9 songs that I've only ever listened to once or twice.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

iTunes has sort of destroyed the physical single, but CD singles were never a big commodity. In the days of vinyl, singles were a much cheaper alternative to buying the full album, but since it costs the same amount to produce a CD single as a full CD album, picking up the full album is generally much more cost-effective, especially in the US, where most singles are available only as imports that cost almost as much--or more--than the actual album. (In the late 80s record companies experimented with 3" CD singles to reduce manufacturing costs, but they never caught on.)

CD singles nowadays are geared more towards hardcore fans than anything, since they often have a few non-album B-sides included. But more or less, singles are just an offshoot of the vinyl days that a lot of labels have given up on, especially in the days of iTunes, etc.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
flusher5
Addicted

Post by flusher5 »

Dang itunes. not only are the record companies and Artists getting money, but Apple is getting Money in some way too.
Rice in my Laundry, Lice in my Milk.

call me "Ben" not flusher
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

You cant say anything against Apple. They have to make money for selling you something. Best Buy makes money when you buy a computer. Borders makes money when you buy a book. The same thing. Although if individual labels sold songs/albums via their sites, I would probably download from them. Although I know the price would be the same and the artist would most likely not get a bigger cut.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

flusher5 @ May 15 2008, 03:15 AM wrote: Dang itunes. not only are the record companies and Artists getting money, but Apple is getting Money in some way too.
Who desn't love Apple? :P