Billboard Airplay Chart

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

OK, I recently went to www.billboard.com to look at some of Al's Billboard Hot 100 Airplay Chart stats. According to the rules of Billboard magazine, the final position of the Billboard Hot 100 is determined by Hot 100 Airplay and Hot 100 Singles Sales (Recently they added the Hot 100 Digital Sales, but anyway...). OK, so I see that Weird Al scored 15 hits on the Hot 100/Bubbling Under the Hot 100 charts. I also noticed he scored 4 hits on the Hot 100 Singles/Digital Sales charts. That leaves 11 songs that don't have Singles sales accounted for that charted. Anyway, I went to look for an Airplay record for our friend Al, but there is absoluetly nothing on it. This doesn't make any sense. For instance, "Eat It" according to the site, never ranked on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Sales charts, and the Hot 100 Airplay charts. Therefore, it shouldn't have charted, yet it hit number 12 on the Hot 100! Same with "Like a Surgeon," "King of Seude," etc.

Can somebody help me? Does anybody have the numbers for the Billboard Hot 100 Airplay Chart?

Well anyway, thanks.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Sorry about posting 7 times. My computer is acting up. I'm sorry. :(
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Billboard did not initiate Hot 100 Airplay or Hot 100 Singles Sales charts until October of 1984. Eat It was a hit in March of 1984, so it's only listed on the Hot 100 Chart. #12 and a gold record.
This means something. This is important.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

OK, That explains that, but what about the rest of 'em?
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Anybody?