1984 Concert At Wolfgang's Vault

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

That link to Wolfgang's vault is now up on weirdal.com!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

:whoot: This is awesome!
And Peggy
27-77
Die-hard Fan

Post by 27-77 »

Since someone asked about other radio concerts...
9/20/1981, 5/2/1984 and 7/4/1984 were all broadcasted on the radio. I don't think they'll be posted since 3/10/84 is actually mentioned on weirdal.com and the others aren't but I listed them anyway.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Thanks, if these were ever on the radio there's an actual possibility they may show up in Wolfgang's Vault one day. I got the WV email several hours before anything was posted at weirdal.com.
This means something. This is important.
27-77
Die-hard Fan

Post by 27-77 »

Isn't that site just for the KBFH broadcasts?
(I have direct mp3 files, so I haven't looked at that site yet...but that's what I heard)
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

KBFH and anything ever promoted by Bill Graham.
This means something. This is important.
trippingdaisy
Occasional

Post by trippingdaisy »

this is incredible!

edit:
what's the deal with ricky?
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

Ricky, just like Al's current shows, was the music video, played to entertain the crowd as he slipped into costume for Eat It

This really is such a treat. Ive had the original broadcast for years now, which was only a few songs, and its really cool to hear the entire show. :D
2018 Tour: Rochester, Minneapolis, Fargo, Clear Lake, and Green Bay...so far...
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

It's kinda strange listening to something older than I am... having met the people in it. It's like looking at your parents' wedding photos or something.

Wow, it sounds so different!! He uses more head voice now- it sounds more chesty in this recording. You can really hear Jim (I'm 90% sure that's him doing harmony) in Yoda, too.

In Buckingham Blues, I don't hear much of a difference since the recording is older and he hasn't sung this one in concert (recently, anyway).

"The accordion has just been chosen...." LOL

Polkas on 45 sounds like it would have been fun to watch- you can hear the audience laughing... maybe some awesome choreography was going on? Or was the song just that funny?

"Every step you take, every bond you break" ?? haha. Silly Al, changing the lyrics.

I've actually never heard It's Still Billy Joel To Me (don't kill me). I've read the lyrics, though. It's kinda cool. I don't know that I'd go out of my way to hear it again.

Midnight Star's midi/keyboard sequence sounds more video game like (brighter, maybe?). I like that the harmony is much more audible than the CD recording. I'm a harmony-phile. :-) Yeah Steve, you hit those low notes lol.

Hehe... Shaving Cream. Awesome. I love songs that use our dirty minds and rhyme schemes that don't rhyme to make us laugh. It's so childish, yet so funny.

Hmmm... not fond of the guys singing backup in Mr. Popeil. The part doesn't really work with male voices, sorry. It needs that Vanna slash Cheerleader vibe from a soprano. Sweet guitar riff, though. Oh, so THAT's now the "alto" part goes on "now how much would you pay"... it's hard to hear on the CD.

Ok, time for sleep.. I'll listen to the rest later.
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I'm just gonna ask this and if it's illegal to do so, you can edit this portion of the conversation out. But does anyone have a way of converting this to mp3? I figure since it's linked to on Al's website, it would be cool with him if we could burn this awesome concert to CD/iPod.

Edit: does anyone know if there's video of this?

Edit again: I am only up to Midnight Star, but OMG this is awesome!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.