What's The First Al Song You Heard?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Melquizio
Die-hard Fan

What's The First Al Song You Heard?

Post by Melquizio »

The first song I remember hearing was Jerry Springer, and I think that was six years ago.

What about you guys?
"How do we know you're not just as filthy, sent by him to nick the ring by being filthy, when you've lulled us with your filthy Eastern ways?"
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

My Bologna on the Dr Demento show in November of 1979.

The summer before last I had the opportunity to visit the house I grew up in and walk through my old bedroom. I could still hear My Bologna resonating in my walls :D
This means something. This is important.
piranha
Addicted

Post by piranha »

Polkamon, 9 years ago. I didn't know who it was at the time though.
Or it was The Weird Al Show Theme Song back in the late 90's.

But the song that got me into the fandom was Virus Alert.
Two years ago. >O>;
they/them pronouns please !! (previously: CrazyWeirdAlLady)
BabyBoolie27
Obsessed

Post by BabyBoolie27 »

I have been a big fan since the 80's. I think that the first time I heard anything from him was Ricky...and it was the music video. My then babysitter would always have MTV blasting whenever she was there and I remember dying laughing when that came on.

Then my uncle became a HUGE Al fan and everytime I was over there he would be playing all the albums. Didn't get my first CD until I was old enough to make my own money though...THANKS MOM!!! :ph34r:
I like all animals...well except for monkeys, because they climb all over your face and slap you!
WeirdAbbott
Off The Deep End

Post by WeirdAbbott »

Surprisingly...Albuquerque. At the day care I went to, we had a talent show and one of my friends performed that...and all I remember was that I was hillarious.

(Nevermind the fact he was pretending to be a midget by putting his shoes on his knees and pulling his arms in his shirt and he was lip-synching the whole thing...it was still hillarious!)
amiright.com/parody/authors/abbottskelding.shtml
youtube.com/WeirdAbbott
facebook.com/TheAbbottSkelding
soundclick.com/TheAbbottSkelding
facebook.com/AbbottSkeldingDesign
WAYFan
Addicted

Post by WAYFan »

Polkamon and TNSWC, five years ago. I've been an addict ever since.
Janet! Dr. Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky! (BULLWINKLE!)

Hellooooooooooooooo, Nurse!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Great topic!

For me it was Jurassic Park I believe. There was a kids/novelty radio hour on the local college station that used to be kind of like Dr Demento lite, and they played a bunch of Al songs which caused me to eventually get Greatest Hits II a few months before Bad Hair Day came out.
The songs they played on there most frequently that got me into Al were Jurassic Park and Achy Breaky Song.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure it was I Love Rocky Road on Radio Disney.
And Peggy
weirdalfan1000000
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan1000000 »

The first song I ever heard was SLN on the GH2 CD, I got it at the library a week after I first heard about Al.
PixelDust
Occasional

Post by PixelDust »

It's been a long time ago, but I believe it was I Love Rocky Road on Dr. Demento back in the early 80s.

I can't remember exactly when, but I know it was before I saw my first Al video because I drew a cartoon based on the song and I didn't know what he looked like, so I drew him with short blond hair. :D I was really surprised when I finally saw what he looked like!

I also remember hearing some kid at 4-H camp singing "Gotta Boogie", but I didn't know that was an Al song until the '90s.