What's The First Al Song You Heard?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

weird user
Addicted

Re: What's The First Al Song You Heard?

Post by weird user »

The first song I can remember hearing is Eat It. One of my friends was a fan at the time and played it. It took a few years before I started to become a fan, though, but in the time between that I had heard (or heard of) I Lost on Jeopardy and Lasagna.
Ozzie3

Post by Ozzie3 »

Eat It.

While I wasn't that fond of the Thriller album, you couldn't escape it. Every song was on beyond heavy rotation at the time, and I remember buying the 78 at the local Venture store. I remember liking Beat It probably the least. Then, one night the DJ put on a copy of this funny record he had gotten...Eat It. The next day I took my precious paper delivery money to the store and bought the 45 of Eat It/That Boy Can Dance (which is a good song, why does it never get played?). When we got rid of the record player years later, that was one of the very few 45s that were saved. After hearing Eat It, I saved up to get the entire album and my friend and I made a video to King of Suede that we sent in to the neophetic group (at that time) of CPFoA to show what great fans we were. Never heard back. I dread that video turning up at some point.
BIGAlfan2711
Regular

Post by BIGAlfan2711 »

White & Nerdy

it was 2007 and my older sister, sadie, was watching it on Yahoo! Music. i listened to. now, a few years later, i loved listening to Al. :pentiums:
Al's working on Album #14 RIGHT NOW (kinda)!!!!
Weird Al: The Book is out NOW!
[email protected]
http://www.youtube.com/user/Zawesome27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

MOD EDIT: Yeah...this is still a family forum.
Last edited by Driew_La_27 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: just...just weird haha
taste is only something if it is yours.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

What's The First Al Song You Heard?

Post by minnick27 »

What the crap?
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

The first Al song I ever heard was "I Love Rocky Road" I remember it, I was about 8 or 9 and walking past my friends house and never heard something so funny and wierd... I immediately latched on to anything that was AL which caused me to buy "The Food Album" and the rest is history... been a die hard since the early '90s
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

The first Al song I heard, or at least heard of, was Eat It. I cant remember if I heard the whole thing when I first heard it.
RoyalJester

Post by RoyalJester »

One More Minute - uncle had his copy of the Dare To Be Stupid CD in on his truck stereo. Was hooked on the send-up of stupid love songs. Also remember The Saga Begins, played off of a different adult's laptop - the budding Star Wars fan in me loved how well Al described the plot of Episode I.

White and Nerdy back when it came out got me back into/further into the Al-coholics. I remember that the whole Straight Outta Lynwood CD seemed too expensive for me at the time; now I'm spending like a drunk sailor on music. :P
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Congratulations on Converting To Al-ism!!!! That happened to me in 1992!! I remember it like it was yesterday :D
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

Trigger Happy sometime in 1992.