What's The First Al Song You Heard?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

DrDecay
Addicted

Re: What's The First Al Song You Heard?

Post by DrDecay »

Trigger Happy 1992 on a school bus while going on a field trip. A kid kept singing it and I was annoyed at first but he let me listen to his "walkman" and I got to hear it, and some of Off the Deep End.
paperbrain

Post by paperbrain »

Dang this dates me, but I first heard "Gotta Boogie" when a friend played me her brand spankin' new "Weird Al Yankovic" album in 1983
Nostaljack

Post by Nostaljack »

Mine was definitely "Eat It." I heard it on the radio when it came out and thought, "how bold is this guy to take a shot at MJ"? I bought the single and really liked the flip, "That Boy Could Dance." I got the cassette (yuck!) of "...3D" and loved the rest of it. Frankly, "Eat It" is the very least of what's on that album.

Ed
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

paperbrain wrote:Dang this dates me, but I first heard "Gotta Boogie" when a friend played me her brand spankin' new "Weird Al Yankovic" album in 1983
Don't worry-there are those who date farther back :) I heard My Bologna back in the day.
Is my dude a dweeb?
oddaustin
Regular

Post by oddaustin »

The first time I heard an Al song, or at least a version of it was in elementary school. My friend was singing "Yoda" in class. That was about eight or nine years ago.
lolzla27
Occasional

Post by lolzla27 »

My Dad said he used to play "Fat" when I was a baby, so I think that was the first song I heard that was Al's(i don't remember this, so I'm not sure if it counts). The first song I heard that I knew was Al's, and I actually remember, was "Fat" again when I was 13. My Dad showed me the video on Youtube and I liked it so much that I looked up more of Al's his songs. I have no idea what song made me a fan, I guess it was just gradual with every song I heard.
So...do ya like cheese? Really? Reeaally?
StinkyCheese

Post by StinkyCheese »

Like A Surgeon, the first song on Dare To Be Stupid. My sister had randomly bought it for my brother saying "It has the names weird and stupid, you'll like it." lol.
My significant other is German. Does that mean they will make me eat a BIG BOWL OF SOURKROUT?!
Gotta Boogie
Occasional

Post by Gotta Boogie »

I remember watching the "Eat It" video when it came out (I was 5 at the time). Seeing Al with the yellow eyes at the end really disturbed me. I can remember having nightmares about it. The horror. ;( The horror.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Re:

Post by HappyGilmore »

Can't remember the exact first song, but I believe it was Bedrock Anthem.
bellminer
Occasional

Post by bellminer »

"The Saga Begins." I was riding to a Boy Scout camp in a friend's car. RWS had just come out and he put it on for traveling music.