Discontinued Albums

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Way_Moby
Obsessed

Discontinued Albums

Post by Way_Moby »

Has anyone heard anything else about the discontinuation of "Polka Party!" and "UHF"? I read it on Wikipedia (therefore, it must be true ;) ), and it looks like you can only get digital copies else where. Have you guys heard any other news about this TRAGEDY?

(BTW, I wanna say I bought one of the last copies of UHF HeHeHe...)
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Discontinued Albums

Post by Bruce the Duck »

If it's true, it's not surprising, considering they are two of his weakest selling albums. But I'd hardly call it a tragedy, really. Most fans already own the hard copies of both, and new fans can get them digitally. Not really a big deal to me.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I was just kidding when I referred to it as a tragedy, but I do think it's a little bit sad.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Pretty sure Greg posted about this when it happened, but Im not sure how long ago that was
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Well, since the search is dead, I guess it's OK.

And though I hate the discontinuation of the physical albums, I can listen to them digitally all the same,
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

ludovica64 wrote:Pretty sure Greg posted about this when it happened, but Im not sure how long ago that was
I tried searching for it... I didn't get any results. Does anybody have a link, I'd like to read what you guys had to say.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I don't remember hearing this either, but it's a shame. Fortunately I own them already (and I'm sure Polka Party! at least wouldn't be impossible to find at used stores...although finding a used CD store is the impossible part at this point) but it still kind of sucks.
rws247
Occasional

Post by rws247 »

Way_Moby wrote:
ludovica64 wrote:Pretty sure Greg posted about this when it happened, but Im not sure how long ago that was
I tried searching for it... I didn't get any results. Does anybody have a link, I'd like to read what you guys had to say.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7759&start=80
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Wow...that kinda sucks. I actually saw a copy of the UHF soundtrack at Borders in late 2007 (didn't buy it). It's funny that we bring this up for two reasons actually. First, I actually downloaded all the tracks from "Polka Party!" from Rhapsody and burned them on my own CD about a year and a half ago. I honestly couldn't care less at this point that I couldn't find a hard copy anywhere that sells Als' albums in the "comedy" section since the Volcano reprints of 80s CDs just have lame, empty booklets in them anyway. I mean, if I came across one somwhere with a few bucks in my pocket, I'd probably buy it but for now I have the songs in my collection, that's all that matters. Secondly, I recently found myself in a used record store where I purchased an original Rock N' Roll/Scotti. Bros. Edition of The TV Album for $5.99! In their comedy section IIRC, they had that one plus SOL, PH, BHD, GH1 and the Essentials (which I expect to be unwrapping on the morning of December 25th). Now, I own almost all of the cheesy compilations but the only studio albums I still don't have in my collection are EW, UHF and OTDE. All three of those are notoriously had to find in stores. I mean, I've seen UHF in the store but I haven't seen the other two as of yet. I sure hope to find at least used copies of them at some point. I still hope to find a used Scotti Bros. Edition of OTDE at FYE or the Pearl Street Mall since I've also heard the the Volcano Editions cut off "Bite Me." Can anyone confirm this? The only place I read it was on Wikipedia.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I bought all my albums after 2002, so those would be the Volcano ones, right? And I definitely have "Bite Me." It's caught me by surprise twice while I was driving.