Discontinued Albums

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Discontinued Albums

Post by Killingsworth »

caseyk27 wrote:Thanks for the Amazon link! I just ordered cheap used copies of Polka party and UHF as well as a rare "collectible" original Scotti Bros. edition of "Off The Deep End" from 1992!

(and it only cost $27!)
Okay, so apparently Amazon cancelled my 1992 OTDE collectible order because it was "out of stock" so I had to go back and order a different one from there. Even though they cost about the same on weirdal.com, I'm getting a used copy from Amazon in the hopes that it will have "Bite Me" at the end.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Got an email from Amazon saying my copy of the UHF soundtrack has been shipped...no word on Polka Party so far, but seeing as I downloaded that entire album from Rhapsody two years ago and burned it on my own CD, my collection of Al's officla relases should be comple...wait a minute, I had to order a different copy of OTDE...oh well...
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Just got my copy of Even Worse from Al's website and my copy of the UHf soundtrack from Amazon in the mail today! Polka Party has apparently been shipped, maybe I'll get it tomorrow or Saturday. Still no word on OTDE yet. Since I previously mentioned that I downloaded all the songs from Polka Party from Rhapsody already, I think it's safe to say that I now own ALL the albums and cheesy compilations that have been discontinued (except for Permanent Record, Amazon seems to have only ONE copy of that one going for $105, I doubt it's even in stock) However, my collection isn't quite complete yet...stay tuned...
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

I now that after a lot of Survivor's albums went out of print they were re-issued as pricy, paper-sleeved imports. Maybe that will happen to Al's albums. They are on the same label, after all.
oddaustin
Regular

Post by oddaustin »

I got these albums years ago, but it's quite lame that they are discontinuing them. I suppose though that money must be made. Really, more people should have bought these records, seriously general American population, WTF?
wahlers

Post by wahlers »

I couldn't find a better place to post this, but if anybody reading this lives in COLUMBUS, OHIO, the Half Price Books on Lane Avenue has a copy of the Permanent Record box set used for $20.00.

Just a heads up. It was there earlier today but don't know how much longer it will be there.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Jeez, I have the actual discs, but I don't have the booklet. I'd love to get it though!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Someone sold me their copy of Permanent Record years ago...it had the discs, box and booklet as well as a few concert items from the SOL tour...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
annacanada
Occasional

Post by annacanada »

!! Ahh!! i need to get these before they dissapear! I have them but that's scary that they may soon be nearly impossible to find.
You can use your ESP to learn to play guitar!
ARE YOU READY TO POLKA?!?!
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

It looks like you can buy Polka Party! and UHF new again. But, unfortunately, the classic album Too Hot To Sleep is still OOP. <_<