Al as accordionist!

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Re: Al as accordionist

Post by Well, Well, Well »

i hear they're starting to play music that sounds like insomnia. i'm skeptical but another insomnia would be amazing. their last great album.
taste is only something if it is yours.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Well, Well, Well wrote:i hear they're starting to play music that sounds like insomnia. i'm skeptical but another insomnia would be amazing. their last great album.
Warning was quite underrated and often overlooked. A lot of people seem to hate American Idiot but it's fine. But that's neither here nor there.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

HappyGilmore wrote: I like Green Day. Guess that's a bad thing?
http://www.nuclearbubblewrap.com/downlo ... Chords.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Well, Well, Well wrote:i hear they're starting to play music that sounds like insomnia. i'm skeptical but another insomnia would be amazing. their last great album.
I agree. Insomniac was was a great album. I saw the repress in vinyl the other day and really wanted to buy it. "Geek Stink Breath" and "Brain Stew/Jaded" were great singles. I hope they are playing some Insomniac-esque music.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

weirdojace wrote:
HappyGilmore wrote: I like Green Day. Guess that's a bad thing?
http://www.nuclearbubblewrap.com/downlo ... Chords.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Believe it or not, I was listening to that last night. I was checking out the site, and seen that the album's almost ready? That's the one I wanna buy. ;)

I'm not saying they're the best or most creative band. I just like them. Not like I like Justin Bieber or something. :lol:
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

shhhh
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

oddaustin wrote:Though that song kind of disappoints me in general, it doesn't seam like it would be all that difficult, but he somehow didn't really capture Green Day's sound.
I've always thought this too, though I think they are getting better at both making it their own but also capturing the band's essence live.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I still want a music video... Does anyone know why one wasn't made?
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

All the money went towards making the OTHER nine videos for Straight Outta Lynwood songs.
The Lawrence Arm

Post by The Lawrence Arm »

weirdojace wrote:
oddaustin wrote:he somehow didn't really capture Green Day's sound.
Yeah, this was brought up when the album came out. I don't know what happened, but those guitars are nowhere near the right kind of distortion (especially the beginning, it's supposed to sound really compressed). And the equalizing on the drums is way far off. Al is a master of capturing the original sound, but wow, he totally missed the mark on that.
That's how I've felt with a lot of the more "rock" songs that have been in his discography lately... the guitars on "Pretty Fly For A Rabbi" aren't nearly as beefy or full as the Offspring equivalent, and the guitars in the "I'll Sue You" chorus sound like they get turned down for fear or being too loud. I don't know if he just has no experience in trying to encapsulate a "punk rock" guitar tone, but he's been missing the mark as of late.