Weird AL-bums still pressed on vinyl

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

jbracciante
Addicted

Weird AL-bums still pressed on vinyl

Post by jbracciante »

Kind of a misleading topic name, but on a recent trip to Cleveland's Rock Hall Of Fame, I perused their on-premise record store. Among their selection of new vinyl was a sealed 45 of Like A Surgeon/King of Suede. This was not a copy from the 80's still lieing around, it was newly pressed vinyl. Vinyl has been making a a slow comeback since 2007 (google it) so it's not uncommon to find it at places like Best Buy, Hot Topic, Indie record stores, and souvenir shops.

However, I was under the impression Al's material was not a part of this. Does anyone else know of any other new Al vinyl still being pressed other than this 45. Anyone know where to get it (other than the store in Cleveland)
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Weird AL-bums still pressed on vinyl

Post by TMBJon »

WOW! So this item had a 2010 date on it somewhere? It had the Way Moby logo rather than Scotti Bros? How did you know it was new?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Did it have a picture sleeve?

According to Greg's site, there was a 1993 reissue of these two tracks--my guess is you stumbled upon one of these.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

i still think "like a sturgeon" would have been way funnier.
taste is only something if it is yours.
jbracciante
Addicted

Post by jbracciante »

It was the Golden Oldies single release, the one from 1993, However, it was a much more recent pressing. The Golden Oldies company appears to still be printing these things. So I guess the answer to my question is Those 45's of Eat It and Like A surgeon are still being made, but nothing else is.

Edit: It did not have a picture sleeve, none of the Golden Oldies releases do.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Wow, nice.

I personally love collecting my favorite albums on vinyl and I'm kind of sad that Al's label hasn't been putting out his new stuff on that format. (Except the White & Nerdy single... that was cool.) Hopefully this is a sign that the next album might get a legit vinyl release. That'd be awesome.
josheee
Occasional

Post by josheee »

I saw a vinyl LP of Al's self titled album waiting for his signature at a concert the other night. I wish I would have read this topic beforehand, I totally would have checked the date on it. I thought it was pretty awesome that someone had it.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdojace »

The first 6 albums are actually very easy to obtain on vinyl and are in heavy circulation on eBay and in used record shops. It's usually possible to get any of them for under $10.

Next album vinyl release... fingers crossed...
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

weirdojace wrote:The first 6 albums are actually very easy to obtain on vinyl and are in heavy circulation on eBay and in used record shops. It's usually possible to get any of them for under $10.

Next album vinyl release... fingers crossed...
They are easy to find. There's a used record shop near my job, has a vast collection of vinyl, from Frank Zappa, to Weird Al, New Kids on The Block, and even, oddly enough, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles soundtrack or something like that. :whoot:

But, I got rid of my old record player so even if I buy em...can't listen to em.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdojace »

You can get a record player at Best Buy for $100.