"The Love Album"

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

willrzug

s p a m

Post by willrzug »

:boot:
Last edited by scottidog on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam, it's not just for breakfast anymore...
joseyklein
Obsessed

Re: "The Love Album"

Post by joseyklein »

:wsd:
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

Personally, while I like his love songs, I can see a Technology compilation album, called "Let's Get Technical" being more marketable instead, since novelty songs about technology are somewhat popular.

Don't Download this Song
Virus Alert
All about the Pentiums
eBay
Ringtone

And while those are the only tracks I can think of, this could give Al some time to release some new tracks only exclusive to the compilation, as some artists do this as an incentive to get the compilation. I know that when the Proclaimers released their best of album, they released two new songs exclusive to that best of collection.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Mad Genius wrote:I can see a Technology compilation album, called "Let's Get Technical" being more marketable instead
Not with that title.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Mad Genius wrote:Personally, while I like his love songs, I can see a Technology compilation album, called "Let's Get Technical" being more marketable instead, since novelty songs about technology are somewhat popular.

Don't Download this Song
Virus Alert
All about the Pentiums
eBay
Ringtone

And while those are the only tracks I can think of, this could give Al some time to release some new tracks only exclusive to the compilation, as some artists do this as an incentive to get the compilation. I know that when the Proclaimers released their best of album, they released two new songs exclusive to that best of collection.
I guess if they really wanted to pad this one out, they could add "White And Nerdy" and "Craigslist"...if only there were a studio version of "Cell Phones" to go along with this...I could probably see this collection being released with an as of yet unreleased track that I won't name but will say that the man who did the DDTS video has confirmed he is also doing this video for...see the spoiler forum for more info...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

Think of a better name than Let's get technical and I'll agree that the idea is good.

The Love album would be a nice edition to the other cheesy compilations. I own the food album myself.
BIGAlfan2711
Regular

Post by BIGAlfan2711 »

Eyeball Chair wrote:The Love album would be a nice edition to the other cheesy compilations.
Thanks, Eyeball Chair! :)
Al's working on Album #14 RIGHT NOW (kinda)!!!!
Weird Al: The Book is out NOW!
[email protected]
http://www.youtube.com/user/Zawesome27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Eyeball Chair wrote:The Love album would be a nice edition to the other cheesy compilations. I own the food album myself.
I assume the food album would be quite a cheesy compilation. And meaty, with a hint of licorice.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Compilations do the music industry no good anymore, so we'll probably never see another one of these.
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

I thought I heard back when the "Essential" collection for Al first came out that Al's label was pushing for another "Greatest Hits" compilation. From that I started expecting it to come out sometime after album 13...

Of course, it's almost been two years. By now I highly doubt it'll actually happen.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22