Dance Dance Rev-AL-lution (Best Al Dance songs)

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

DrewBoo
Occasional
Location: Alabama, where that kind of thing is NOT tolerated, thank you very much!

Post by DrewBoo »

As someone who is a but familiar with DDR (I like it, but I don't play it; I look stupid), I find it hard to picture too many Al songs to dance to in that style. The Polkas, perhaps, but most of his other songs don't have a fast enough tempo. So I bring you, the top 5 songs by Al that I would love to hear techno remixed to be in DDR:

1. Grapefruit Diet

2. Everything You Know is Wrong

3. Harvey the Wonder Hamster (Extended Mix - Hamster Dance/Harvey the Wonder Hamster, lol)

4. Polka Power!

5. Albuquerque (see who could last the longest trying to dance to that entire song.)

For Alubquerque, imagine the arrows that scroll up the screen. So out of order, and going with his speech. And when he starts screaming, they just go crazy.
There are so many people who inspired me in my career. I'd like to sit down with each one of them and thank them personally. But of course, that'd be a complete waste of my free time.

- Weird Al quote of the week
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I'd never be able to do that Dance-Dance revolution. Two left feet, especially when it's fast music. I can attempt to dance. ;)

-CindyBob

:stupid:
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

QUOTE I'd never be able to do that Dance-Dance revolution. Two left feet, especially when it's fast music. I can attempt to dance. ;)  

-CindyBob

I know how ya feel but it gets easier alot quicker than u think. when i first played it, I could barely selct "start game" without working up a sweat.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

I know how ya feel but it gets easier alot quicker than u think. when i first played it, I could barely selct "start game" without working up a sweat.

Hmm. I dunno, I was at one of the arcades out here and saw someone going super fast on that and I stared amazed for a few seconds then went back to playing Pacman.

-CindyBob

KagayakiWashi
Occasional
Location: Tennessee Avatar: Raymond Scott! One of the best musicians of the 20th century!

Post by KagayakiWashi »

I saw a guy using BOTH PADS O_o

That's just insane!!!!!!
"Ya wanna buy a bunny?"
syxtfour
Regular

Post by syxtfour »

Of course, "You Don't Love Me Anymore" is the best slow-dance song...
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Of course, "You Don't Love Me Anymore" is the best slow-dance song...

Yes, it is. It was the last dance at the ALCON III Demented Ball. I enjoyed it immensely.

El
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

One of my friends said that You Don't Love Me Anymore is her and her boyfriend's song.

-CindyBob

syxtfour
Regular

Post by syxtfour »

Of course, if you did a disco remix of "The Biggest Ball of Twine In Minnesota", it could be a dance song.

But then why would you do a disco remix of ANY song? See, these are the questions people are afraid to ask... or something. :lookround:
MeruWScissors27
Occasional

Post by MeruWScissors27 »

1.I Think I'm A Clone Now(definately)

2.UHF

3.Achy Breaky Song

4.Albuqurque

5.Eat It

But i think i would be singing more than dancing.....I have an uncontrolable urge to sing if i hear certain songs :blush:

~Dawn~

~hosts the AOL Al chat~

~knows more about herself than she should~