Throw In A Solo Here

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Re: Throw In A Solo Here

Post by JCM »

Has anyone mentioned Craigslist yet? Though the instrumental doesn't seem like much at first, it's really something to appreciate after a while.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Yes, very true.. strange we overlooked something so new!!

..and CNR as well
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yeah, listened to it a couple times today, the leads sound really impressive actually. Ive always been into the Doors but don't know every one of their songs, is Craigslist just a style parody, or does it play off of an existing Doors song? Sounds completely original to me but Im unsure. Anybody?
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

A lot of friends of mine are thinking its a parody, even though the truth is right there... I can tell theres a strong element of the song "Riders On the Storm" but other than that, its completely original.

It also reminds me of the song "Germs" a lot, cause theres two Nine Inch Nails songs that you can clearly hear "Closer" and "Terrible Lie" the only thing that separates it is the chorus..

Same with "The Night Santa Went Crazy" all the elements of Ozzy's "Mama I'm Coming Home" are there, including the intro.. but the chorus changes it drastically
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Its only the intro and outro that sound like Ozzy, the song itself is different yeah. Not so much Ozzy as it was Zakk who wrote all the music for that song. I don't see Craigslist as having anything to do with Riders On The Storm though, its vastly different than that tune. Would be cool if the Doors' keyboardist did a few shows with Al and came out for it, Ruben obviously wouldn't mind and the guy probably isn't doing THAT much these days.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

that annoying guitar solo in Generic Blues
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

So awesome...gonna listen to that next.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Really love the solo in Slime Creatures From Outer Space, very simple and the off notes and bends sound prime. Listened tot he song a million times before and just noticing how awesome the little solo the middle is.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I've always heard a lot of "20th Century Fox" in "Craigslist." The music (guitar/organ) sounds kinda like "Soul Kitchen" and the 'talking part' in the middle of the song is reminiscent of "The End."
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Hey, there you go!! Were on the right track now!!