Live album?

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

babadavis1
Occasional

Re: Live album?

Post by babadavis1 »

I was thinking the other day that I'd really enjoy a live album. The 'Woo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoos' in 'Candaian Idiot,' the live 'You Make Me' seemed more...agressive? edgy? than the album version. Obviously Yoda. 'Radio Radio' would be great to have. And of course, some of the concert-only parodies if he could get permission.

With the limited appeal to non-Al fans, I doubt it'll ever happen. But if there was a Kickstarter for a project like this, I'd put my money in.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Hes said before he wouldnt do one because its basically the same. You would never get concert only songs because he wont ask permission or was denied. Radio Radio would never be put on there because it is in place of a mistake. So if you want a live album, watch the dvd and close your eyes
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

babadavis1 wrote:The 'Woo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoos' in 'Candaian Idiot,
The reason this won't be included on any official live release is because that particular ditty happens to be the intellectual property of either SCTV or CBC in Canada.

This was frequently used as the "theme song" to SCTV's most famous sketch "The Great White North". Apparently, it was based on some old CBC station ID.

Al may have to jump through some legal hoops to clear it.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
HalifaxKat
Regular

Post by HalifaxKat »

I didn't realize it was based on a real CBC station ID -- neat! Am searching for the original on YouTube now (cause I'm nerdy about Canadian TV history that way) :)
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein
eleventhirtyfour
Occasional

Post by eleventhirtyfour »

Of course you can always rip the audio from the DVDs like I did. Now I have two live albums. :)
twitter.com/allenpwilliams
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

HalifaxKat wrote:I didn't realize it was based on a real CBC station ID -- neat! Am searching for the original on YouTube now (cause I'm nerdy about Canadian TV history that way) :)
Actually, they said it was based on some nature documentaries they ran so I would look for those instead.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...