Rating the Weird Al Originals

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Rating the Weird Al Originals

Post by Wizzerkat »

I could not find a topic for this at first look(only went two pages), so if there is one this can be melded in.

Here is an article listing one guy's top 8 Al original songs.

http://www.411mania.com/music/columns/2 ... -Songs.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I disagree with at least a couple(Why Does This Always Happen to Me and Good Enough for Now) as far as making a "top 8" is concerned.
Is my dude a dweeb?
HalifaxKat
Regular

Re: Rating the Weird Al Originals

Post by HalifaxKat »

I don't know what my top 8 are, although YDLMA, You Make Me, and EYKIW are definitely up there. But I've gotta say, whenever I listen to Good Enough For Now, I'm highly amused. The funny just never seems to wear off. It seems so close to the truth, I guess. I can just see so many guys (OK, and girls) feeling like that on the inside, but the fact it gets expressed outwardly, in the particular way that Al does it, is hilarious to me. The list-maker puzzles to himself as to why this song doesn't receive more attention. I'm thinking maybe the style of music has something to do with that, but it goes so well with the lyrics. Anyway, I always enjoy Al's twisted love songs.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Even if the rating is based on hilarity, I wouldn't put that tune in the Top 20 personally. Same with Why Does This Happen To Me, great tune, and really funny, but I wouldn't put it in the Top 20. Everything else looks good, good to see he admires the original material more than the parodies as much as us. I think we should turn this thread into like a Top 10 Al Originals thread and just post your personal 10 from best to worst. :great:
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

While I'm glad "You Make Me" was considered..."Talk Soup" and "The Weird Al Show Theme" nearly made the cut? Really? :huh:

While the actual list wouldn't coincide with mine, the only one that surprises me is "Good Enough for Now." It's a sentimental favorite of mine but I wouldn't include it anywhere near the top 10.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Yeah, I was pretty surprised to see TWAST. With that Im surprised he didnt say HTWH
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I'd have to say Talk Soup is my least favorite Al song in the entire catologue. Its the only one I skip every single time.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

My top 8(today) are CNR, Craigslist, WBUL, Bob, I remember Larry, Good Old Days, Melanie, Close but no cigar
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Good 8. But why 8? How bout like 15 or 20.
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

What not 8? Stop being rasist too ate u posr muggel bitca.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

HAHAHA, 8 is lame, can't only pick 8 Al originals, theres just too many to only do 8. That was one odd thing to say, but it made me laugh either way.