@alyankovic on @midnight

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Re: @alyankovic on @midnight

Post by algonacchick »

Looking forward to this! Btw, I watched last night's show, which had Paul and Storm and Mike Phirman on. Mike won! He was just so funny! I said he was cracking me up on twitter, and he thanked me about 50 minutes ago. I hope Al kills like Mike did. Btw, Al and Mike are tied for nicest famous funny person I've met.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

algonacchick wrote:Looking forward to this! Btw, I watched last night's show, which had Paul and Storm and Mike Phirman on. Mike won! He was just so funny! I said he was cracking me up on twitter, and he thanked me about 50 minutes ago. I hope Al kills like Mike did. Btw, Al and Mike are tied for nicest famous funny person I've met.
I wish I could meet Weird Al someday.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Al definitely looks like he's got the hang of things now. Much easier to watch him here than the second episode.

He also looked like he had an extra spring in his step tonight. Wonder why? :F
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

disappointing that Al lost. I guess it was Tom Lennon's time to shine. 'Weird Al-Qaeda Yankovic' was pretty funny.

I agree he looked more comfortable. however it seems that the audience doesn't really respond when he just shouts his answers or reads him with a higher voice. he's also going to be at a slight disadvantage because he's not going to go super dirty with his answers. even Tom's winning sex offender joke is something I don't think Al would do.

also this show's gotta be way better in person. I was watching the points closely and they really jump around because of the editing.
taste is only something if it is yours.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Fun episode. Everyone had their share of funny answers. Agreed that Tom had some more blue answers. That might be why he won. I really don't understand the points, either. Al looked like he had a good time. :D
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

Great show tonight. I am happy that Al didn't get the red light. He looked like he was having a good time. I think Reggie didn't have his game on tonight.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Definitely liked this better than Al's first two appearances. He was much more naturally funny this time. Glad to see Tom Lennon finally mark one down in the "win" column with this one.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Usually, Al isn't this vocal in an episode, but you can see him constantly pressing his buzzer, trying to get a word in! Congrats, Tom Lennon
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Well, Well, Well wrote:also this show's gotta be way better in person. I was watching the points closely and they really jump around because of the editing.
Yeah, I always find that distracting. Not that it really matters, but still.

Anyway, the thing about @midnight for me at least is that a given episode is only as tolerable as the three featured comedians (Hardwick drives me crazy), so it can either be an extremely tedious half-hour of my life I'll never get back, or a really funny and enjoyable show to watch right before going to sleep. Last night's was definitely the latter. Yeah, Al is sort of at a disadvantage by not working blue, but he still had some great lines (Pol Potpourri, anyone?). I have to say though, Reggie Watts doing the old man voice and talking about the train movie was the best.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

:? When will it be online (or is it already and I don't know where to look?)?