Weird Al should guest star with Jimmy Fallon

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Weird Al should guest star with Jimmy Fallon

Post by TMBJon »

MissyMoo38 wrote:Dude The Roots just played in Chelsea Handler with "I Was Only Kidding" dude dUDE
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Obviously Jimmy Fallon is a huge fan, but I'm starting to think The Roots are as well.
They single-handedly plucked Good Old Days out of obscurity and wrote a new arrangement for it which Al used the next year on tour. And then there was the time they had Al come in as bandleader for a week and covered a bunch of his songs. Now they randomly cover "I Was Only Kidding" of all songs...

I recall a few years ago when they got in trouble for a song choice they played for Michele Bachmann, it came out that Questlove usually picks the songs. After that incident, the policy was changed to Questlove or The Roots picking the songs, and then it has to be run by production. Either way, it seems likely that a member of The Roots chose "I Was Only Kidding" for last night. I'd love to know who, and why.

EDIT: Looks like it's totally up to Questlove...
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I seem to recall Questlove saying somewhere that he was actually a fan of Bermudas. It was probably around the time of the first appearance. But if you watch his episode of Day In The Life on Hulu he is really into obscure stuff, and seems to remember everything
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic were on The Tonight Show and Jimmy asked them about how Al called them to ask for permission to do SLN. Dave did a decent Victoria Jackson impression (though he couldn't remember her name) but mispronounced Al's last name as "Yankovich"...although I guess it's refreshing to learn that Dave Grohl actually isn't a perfect human being.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Tonight the Roots played Clive Owen in with "Like A Surgeon"

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

anthontherun wrote:Dave did a decent Victoria Jackson impression (though he couldn't remember her name).
Really? Or is he just another one who is in on the conspiracy to wipe everyone's memory of VJ, along with Shout Factory? :foil: